The New Raith Rovers Thread

Kevin Smith, I'm keeping this on topic if no-one else will.

You keeping a thread on topic,maybe you should take this ethos into our transfer thread instead of using it as a sounding board for our financial woes.

Edited for sunday morning grammar :-)

Edited by Parchie

Probably somewhere in between. Not enough depth to challenge, but should have enough quality to finish mid-table.

Out of the 3 Queens have just signed, not too dissapointed. Would have taken Smith in the 1st team, but I would have only kept Simmons and Campbell for depth.

Anyway, hows the raith squad fairing up for next season? Are you going to be able to push on for next year and take that final step over the finish line,or has your team been diminished to the point where you could be fighting relegation?

I'm not overly confident as we've reatined the services of some of the less productive members of last years squad. But then again, I said the same thing at the start of last season and McGlynn proved me wrong. I think we have the basis of a decent squad but it feels threadbare at the moment.

Hopefully, McGlynn knew that the likes of McBride and Dyer were brought in with a view to this season and that they will have come on a bit. We've also got capacity for another couple of signings and some loanees and if we get the right players with the right attitude it could all come good.

I'll settle for mid table mediocrity.

What would you know about real football crowds?! :P

I dare say we will get to see at about March time, the tradiditonal time fo Ayr United premature celebrations. Wonder what the occasion will be this time?

According to the Dunfermline Press a Raith fan has been banned for a year from football grounds for throwing objects into the Dunfermline support during the last derby. That was the one were we pretty much wrapped up the title. I'm sure you know the one I'm on about.

_52602582_dunfermline.jpg

This is actually a good news story that's been misinterpreted (the lighter, not Pars winning the league *retch*).

I heard that one of the many Dunfermline hooligans who masquerade as fans, was responsible for tipping this guys granny over and frightening his car. This sinister twist to the normal turn of events shocked him to such an extent that he lost his memory and forgot that he smoked. When he regained his faculties, he didn't even want a cigarette anymore, so he decided to give up smoking. The Dunfermline hooligans were responsible for this turnaround in his life, so he threw them his lighter as a way of thanking them.

Edited by Scary Bear

My first and favourite, still should be our colour.

70s.jpg

im working on a rovers kit database, have the 90's to date covered, but have recently worked upon the 80's. i know the rovers used a reverse of their home bukta kit in the early 80's when ballantyne etc played, but i also recall an all red away kit they wore in the early 80;s. must have been the season 83/84 because the season after they had mazda as a sponsor, and the all red number had no sponsor.

anyone recall this all red number, and what it looked like? t was a Bukta kit as i remember, so im wondering if it was just red, with white collar and bukta white trim down the arms similar to this kit

im working on a rovers kit database, have the 90's to date covered, but have recently worked upon the 80's. i know the rovers used a reverse of their home bukta kit in the early 80's when ballantyne etc played, but i also recall an all red away kit they wore in the early 80;s. must have been the season 83/84 because the season after they had mazda as a sponsor, and the all red number had no sponsor.

anyone recall this all red number, and what it looked like? t was a Bukta kit as i remember, so im wondering if it was just red, with white collar and bukta white trim down the arms similar to this kit

83/4 strip was as the enclosed photo, with away the reverse in white.

84/5 had a red away kit, this was without a doubt the worst raith strip ever, home was royla blue with white pinstripe, no club badges just RRFC, the away was the same in red.

The away kit was worn during a 5-1 defeat to Cowdenbeath, where it was only at half time I realised we were in red. :lol:

You're out of order. Thers no excuse for throwing coins at a football match - no matter how much you try to justify it.

Spot on Sir, I would hope the club would dish out a longer term ban, no place for such behaviour.

The 'they did it tae' defence is pathetic.

He's clearly a fucking arsehole and certainly not someone Raith need tarnisishing their support.

He's exactly the sort of person we need to weed out of the game.

You dont know who i am and what im like at the games so how about you shut your mouth ,

Its only your team that really pushes me to the anger , no one else ..... weed me out the game , who the f**k you think you are ya twat , the police ,.... and if you must know ive helped a lot over years wen any sponsered stuff , charity events , merchandise and gate money.

Your name shows up on our threads I will comment because you spout some amount of pish and im sure youll know this aint first time we had wee chat on here, your one those guys that you wouldnt get tired of punching in the face by sounds of it

You dont know who i am and what im like at the games so how about you shut your mouth ,

Its only your team that really pushes me to the anger , no one else ..... weed me out the game , who the f**k you think you are ya twat , the police ,.... and if you must know ive helped a lot over years wen any sponsered stuff , charity events , merchandise and gate money.

Your name shows up on our threads I will comment because you spout some amount of pish and im sure youll know this aint first time we had wee chat on here, your one those guys that you wouldnt get tired of punching in the face by sounds of it

Fair play for managing to type that through the tears of rage.

I think it's time for you to pour yourself a nice warm glass of milk and get your mum to stick your favourite DVD on for you. Maybe that will calm you down a bit.

FFS - calm down before you have a heart attack. And grow up - you're worse than the bairns.

According to the Dunfermline Press a Raith fan has been banned for a year from football grounds for throwing objects into the Dunfermline support during the last derby. That was the one were we pretty much wrapped up the title. I'm sure you know the one I'm on about.

_52602582_dunfermline.jpg

Pleasing.

I remember once, a guy at work threw a Tic Tac at me and I threw it back at him. Should i have been sacked?

NO!

I would have sacked you on the spot, called the authorities and have you hung, drawn and quartered for such a henious crime.