The New Raith Rovers Thread

The loan striker we're after plays for St. Johnstone.

Edit: Looking at the strikers they have I think it would have to be either Stevie May or Stephen Reynolds.

Neither have scored in the SPL though, so either the FFP is wrong or your source is wrong... but surely they're one and the same thing! :P

Only possibility looking at St Johnstone's website is Sam Parkin, who scored five goals last season before getting injured in February and missing the rest of the season. I hope that doesn't mean we'll have another Casa situation where we get a month out of a player before losing him...

Edit: my apologies. May grabbed a couple in a 2-0 win over Hamilton. Probably him then. 18 years old and highly rated.

Another slightly worrying thing from McGlynn - “We have retained 10 players from last year, and if you add our two new signings and two loan players, our best 11 will compete with anyone in the league,”

Take it we're not getting another signing then?

Edited by Paco

I'm sure Stevie May lives locally, however, he is about 20 days older than me, so i'm cautious about placing all my hopes on his shoulders.

Why would you do that? We already have our front 2 pairing, we will be relying on Baird and Graham to get us goals this season, he will be backup but no reason he cant do well

I was never particularly impressed with Gordon Smith. I know he scored twice against us, but the only thing that made him stand out (in my opinion) was the sheer amount of fouls he gave away.

Unfortunately, strikers are slim pickings with what we can afford and we still need a right back.

Signing a striker who can't get a game for the team that went about 2 months without scoring a goal last season doesn't fill me with much hope.

Crikey! It must be the pre-season - time to sharpen our knives and complain about how shite a player a rumour is

The loan striker we're after plays for St. Johnstone.

Edit: Looking at the strikers they have I think it would have to be either Stevie May or Stephen Reynolds.

You had better hope it's Stevie May because Reynolds is absolute pish, he has had 2 six month loans to us in the past two seasons, I think Reid must've been doing a favour for his pal McInnes in giving him a game because the boy is rank rotten.....oh wait, I hope it is Reynolds :P

You had better hope it's Stevie May because Reynolds is was absolute pish for Ayr, he has had 2 six month loans to us in the past two seasons, I think Reid must've been doing a favour for his pal McInnes in giving him a game because the boy is rank rotten.....oh wait, I hope it is Reynolds :P

Another slightly worrying thing from McGlynn - "We have retained 10 players from last year, and if you add our two new signings and two loan players, our best 11 will compete with anyone in the league,"

This quote from mcGlynn seems to suggest that he is basing is team round the 10 retained players, McGurn, Ellis, Murray , Hill Dyer, Davidson, Walker, McBride Williamson and Baird. Plus Hamill and Graham with an additional 2 loan players.

The way the article reads these will form the core of our squad, and our "best 11" will be picked from them.

All of these players (even the loan players) appear to be automatically ahead of the 6 players we have brought in to the 1st team squad from the youth ranks.

Why does McGlynn never refer to the youth players in a manner that is encouraging to them or even implies that they may get a chance ot be considered for first team action?

Does this mean that for yet an other season we will bring in players from outwith our club at the expense of giving our youngsters a chance?

Because they aren't good enough?

Gold star

If we had players good enough to oust players from the first team then we would see them. Im happy that a few of them will be a chance this season and maybe prove the gaffer wrong for not giving them a chance sooner

According to the Dunfermline Press a Raith fan has been banned for a year from football grounds for throwing objects into the Dunfermline support during the last derby. That was the one were we pretty much wrapped up the title. I'm sure you know the one I'm on about.

_52602582_dunfermline.jpg