The New Raith Rovers Thread

20 minutes ago, 2711 said:

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but at full time there was a large group of young neds walking down Pratt St towards the growing with bottles of buckfast etc. Looked as though they were after a scrap. I'm not sure if there was any bother?

That'll be Martin and the lads up to high jinks.

If smith keeps working them the way he is just now then we should be up there challenging. Not getting too carried away as cowdenbeath weren't up to much, first 20-25 minutes they didn't seem to know what had hit them. Some good all round performances, bene was brilliant, rest of the defence were ok, didn't really have much to deal with. Thomson is still a player that worrys me, just wants that extra few seconds on the ball. Midfield done well, and i think once spence starts hitting the net the confidence will come. Nice to get the win today, but we should be under no illusions about what lies ahead from next week.
The less said about the referee the better.

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but at full time there was a large group of young neds walking down Pratt St towards the growing with bottles of buckfast etc. Looked as though they were after a scrap. I'm not sure if there was any bother?

Cowdengelly fan on their thread saying their bus got tanned.

18 hours ago, buchan30 said:

If smith keeps working them the way he is just now then we should be up there challenging. Not getting too carried away as cowdenbeath weren't up to much, first 20-25 minutes they didn't seem to know what had hit them. Some good all round performances, bene was brilliant, rest of the defence were ok, didn't really have much to deal with. Thomson is still a player that worrys me, just wants that extra few seconds on the ball. Midfield done well, and i think once spence starts hitting the net the confidence will come. Nice to get the win today, but we should be under no illusions about what lies ahead from next week.
The less said about the referee the better.

when it went to 2 - 0 became nothing much more than a friendly, good run out all the same

when it went to 2 - 0 became nothing much more than a friendly, good run out all the same

Yeah, the intensity dropped in the 2nd half, (can't see that being allowed to happen by smith, or even alloa for that matter) even then we didn't look in danger of losing a goal or drawing. Cowden didn't look interested at times, maybe again just because of the way the game went after the 2nd goal, if that's not the reason, then i would be worried if i was a cowden fan.

Special mention for David McKay yesterday. Felt he didn't look out of place against the Cowden forwards. I'd imagine Smith would be fine with him starting at Alloa next week with Davo suspended. 

Am I right in saying that we have a second player suspended next week? I'm sure I read that on here a few weeks ago..?

no news on McHattie? assumed if we were signing him we'd have done so by now - particularly with Davo suspended for Saturday.

Were not signing him til he's fit. Likely end of this week/start of next. Smith gave young MacKay a game at CB against Cowdenbeath to try him out before Saturday