The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I'm genuinely shocked at the narrow mindedness of everyone on here. Not a single person is even considering any other opinion related to this subject. Am I the only one willing to stick my head up and not follow the crowd? Maybe the BoD have put our club in this position with the same narrow mindedness and short sightedness of the majority of people posting on here.

Either way, the club will be dammed if they sell Vaughan and dammed if they don't. If we do manage to keep him then it'll be interesting to see how this same argument pans out at the start of next season when he's walking (or limping) out of Starks for pittance of what he's worth right now.

The BoD have a big decision, if these rumours are even true, and I just hope they are looking at the bigger picture for our club and not wanting to please the people on here who think they can run a business and a football club successfully from behind a computer screen and keyboard.

Having been a part time fan for a few years only returning to regular games just after Vaughn's injury can you tell me what other injuries prior to the big one he had to make you think he'll be limping out of Starks.

19 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I'm genuinely shocked at the narrow mindedness of everyone on here. Not a single person is even considering any other opinion related to this subject. Am I the only one willing to stick my head up and not follow the crowd? Maybe the BoD have put our club in this position with the same narrow mindedness and short sightedness of the majority of people posting on here.

Either way, the club will be dammed if they sell Vaughan and dammed if they don't. If we do manage to keep him then it'll be interesting to see how this same argument pans out at the start of next season when he's walking (or limping) out of Starks for pittance of what he's worth right now.

The BoD have a big decision, if these rumours are even true, and I just hope they are looking at the bigger picture for our club and not wanting to please the people on here who think they can run a business and a football club successfully from behind a computer screen and keyboard.

Thinking that a football club needs its best players to achieve success isn't the same as claiming to be masters of business. It's basic common sense that seems to have sped past you at a significant rate of knots. 

28 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I would hazard a guess that the 'bigger picture' involves getting out of this league, which to my mind involves keeping players who are likely to do that job. Who would be a replacement for the development pittance we're likely to get?

What's a few quid in the bank compared to the prize money/gate receipts from a playing a league higher.

Can't quite work out SuperHoors logic. I'm sure a few weeks ago he was arguing that Lewis wasn't that good and he wouldn't be a huge loss, he is also stating that he is injury prone now. But if we sell him to a team like Killie or Dundee we will also have a sell on clause in the contract. Where is exactly is an average injury prone player going to go from the premier league that will eventually get us a good cut out if it in your opinion?

Just out of interest what level do you think his ability can take him to?

For our club to sell Vaughan right now for a pittance would be madness on so many levels.  Promotion back to Championship at 1st  attempt would be worth so much more financially than anything we are likely to be offered right now by vultures like Dundee or Kilmarnock. 

Sure, we could be promoted without him but losing him seriously handicaps us. 

Unless a 'can't refuse' offer comes in, I would like to think our club puts the fans and chance of success before a few pieces of silver which will change very little in the grand scheme.

What is 'can't refuse'? For me it would have to be close to 100k + sell on clause. At least this would give us room to replace him whether new signings and/or help fund loan players' wages.

I'm hoping he got in the sea. Mariana trench levels of getting in the sea. 

Can't quite work out SuperHoors logic. I'm sure a few weeks ago he was arguing that Lewis wasn't that good and he wouldn't be a huge loss, he is also stating that he is injury prone now. But if we sell him to a team like Killie or Dundee we will also have a sell on clause in the contract. Where is exactly is an average injury prone player going to go from the premier league that will eventually get us a good cut out if it in your opinion?

Just out of interest what level do you think his ability can take him to?

Precisely. Spot on.

I get the fact we are a selling club. But our board of directors have no clue about negotiation. We've sold or let promising youngsters go for a pittance or nothing. The same will happen if we sell Lewis Vaughan. All this shite 2 weeks before the start of the season, just to destabilise the club is a pain in the arse we don't need. We have a small squad and SuperHans is desperate for us to sell our best assets before a ball is kicked. The lack of ambition displayed by this BOD is an abomination. Is this another attempt to blame the fans for the situation they created. Maybe I'm talking pish, but I seriously worry about this club. We should be on a level par with Dunfermline, not cutting about with East Fife and Cowdenbeath.

I know it's a football forum discussion board but I would be very, very surprised if LV leaves this window.  There is no intention whatsoever on the players part to leave when games is what he needs. 

Last paragraph: classic comment from a 'club insider'. Diss the paying customers who keep the club going.

What is the bigger picture with flogging a proven Championship standard player for buttons?

Last paragraph: classic comment from a 'club insider'. Diss the paying customers who keep the club going.

What is the bigger picture with flogging a proven Championship standard player for buttons?

Sweep sweep sweep from the BOD, it's standard practice to blame everyone but themselves

34 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

I know it's a football forum discussion board but I would be very, very surprised if LV leaves this window.  There is no intention whatsoever on the players part to leave when games is what he needs. 

This is actually a good point.  Vaughan hasn't actually had a full season to prove himself yet. He would probably represent a gamble from top flight sides.

It's great to know that having a difference in opinion is such frowned upon thing to have.

Being hounded by all of you who seem to know a lot better than anyone else. The last post by Calderon is exactly what I'm meaning. He hasn't had a full season to prove himself which highlights my concerns that he may or may not ever prove himself over a full season. However he had made interest just now so my point remains the same; sell him while we have the chance.

And for anyone saying I'm some kind of troll, the fact that you can get so wound up over an opinion that isn't shared as your own is pathetic. I would say to grow up.

2 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

It's great to know that having a difference in opinion is such frowned upon thing to have.

Being hounded by all of you who seem to know a lot better than anyone else. The last post by Calderon is exactly what I'm meaning. He hasn't had a full season to prove himself which highlights my concerns that he may or may not ever prove himself over a full season. However he had made interest just now so my point remains the same; sell him while we have the chance.

And for anyone saying I'm some kind of troll, the fact that you can get so wound up over an opinion that isn't shared as your own is pathetic. I would say to grow up.

You do realise that selling him now would probably be for the same amount you would get next season plus it would hinder your clubs title challenge?  Either way he's in the managers plans to play and that's what will happen. 

You don't have a difference of opinion either, you are just making up stuff as you go along and everyone can see through you. 

Edited by Bambino7

20 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I wouldn’t mix my post up with agreeing with you at all.

You are saying that its worth getting rid of Vaughan for a quick buck.  I’m saying that in the eyes of Premiership clubs, Vaughan doesent really represent a ready made player for them, or the finished article.

He is easily good enough for League 1 and will be one of the better players in the League.  Losing one of our best players will harm our chances of getting out of this league, it really is not a difficult point to see.