The New Raith Rovers Thread

I thought about that too. If it's true then hopefully the main sponsor have consented or a third party has paid for it as I doubt Maggies themselves would be asked to pay.

I assume Maggies is a charity, in which case, as with Aston Villa or dare I say it Barcelona, it actually does benefit the club in terms of tax rebates or somesuch malarkey.

I assume Maggies is a charity, in which case, as with Aston Villa or dare I say it Barcelona, it actually does benefit the club in terms of tax rebates or somesuch malarkey.

Eh? In what way?

I can't speak about the Spanish tax system but I know of no tax benefits to a British club from having a charity on their shirts.

The team are back in training today. This comes round quicker every year.

Also a load of training wear hoodies polo shirts etc are available for pre order

hope there working hard :lol: :lol:

Edited by geo1234

McGlynn's wants to bring Vincent Talio back to Starks Park to solve our problem at right back.

Unfortunately, accommodation is a stumbling block at the moment, and Mario's been unable to get him in at the Victoria due to a recent spike in Fife tourism.

John McGlynn is set to leave the Rovers by January, but not for another football club! He's going to utilise his managerial skills to launch a nationwide plumbing network.

The board have lined up Terry Christie as his replacement.

Ian Rankin is currently rewriting more than half of his latest novel after jumping the gun with the first draft, with several key plot points involving Raith Rovers playing in the SPL. The climax of the story, in which it is revealed that all fourteen of John McGlynn's summer signings are undercover police officers, was set to involve Detective Inspector Marcus Porter of F Division and the Number 9 shirt scoring a shock hat-trick at Celtic Park to clinch the league title, before arresting 30,000 members of the home support singlehandedly.

Right, I'm fucking bored, especially with the complete lack of Rovers news. Outlandish Rovers rumours, go!

Marvin Andrews is set to return for a 4th spell as a player/coach, splitting his time between Kirkcaldy and a post as head coach of Trinidad and Tobago's Under 19s Manager.

This is actually half true. New director Val McDermid has expressed concerns at our inability to tap into the lesbian fan market , and big Marv's coming back with the promise of curing them all.

I for one am glad we've finally got a director with some commercial savvy.

The pink shirt is merely the beginning as rovers launch themselves as scotlands first gay team. right said Fred Elton John and the village people are set to spunk a not unsizeable amount of cash into the rovers coffers

Fife's finest have bought 5 more £2000 flags to go along the Railway stand. Each of these flags let people know "We don't want to go to Idaho, we'd rather stay home in Kirkcaldy" in French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and Japanese. In other news, John Stewart has reportedly signed terms with the club after several seasons negotations.

Herve Ebanda to make a shock return as club painter & decorator.

The worrying thing is, even from about 2 yards away he'd still miss the target. :ph34r: On the news of this new painter decorator, outside of the main stand, boardroom, dressing rooms and managers office are all set to be painted pink too.