The New Raith Rovers Thread

The Flyers are shite.

Remember those truly awful jackets that folk used to wear. An absolute embarassment.

Anyone enjoying paying money to watch that drivel needs deported to the US or Canada.

It would be a toss up between the Flyers and the Pars as to who would top the hate list.

This may sound daft, but there is another sporting team in kirkcaldy that could have a bearing on the rovers crowds next season - the fife flyers. The flyers have been competing in the lower echelons of scottish ice hockey since the demise of the british national league 6 years ago, and there is a chance they could be joining the elite league next season. I know of people who stopped going to watch the flyers and started going to starks park instead. A Few of those people have said that if the flyers get back into a high standard of competetive hockey, they would happily go back to watch, even if they had to fork out £15. Ok, there is the choice of going to watch the rovers in the afternoon, then the flyers at night, but not everyone can afford that luxury. If the flyers do go elite, surely both themselves and the rovers could make some deals which could help people afford to watch both teams? say for instance, buy a ticket for a raith game and get a voucher with a £5 discount on entry to a flyers game, and vice versa maybe?

Dundee Stars are in the 'top' league of Ice Hockey I believe. Crowds at Dens and Tannadice have suffered terribly.

Another good reason to have "summer football " that has been in discussion .

And to the poster who made comments about ice hockey has either never played or understood the game . First off , it is by far the hardest game to play . You have to be able to skate first before even trying to incorporate the skills . Then dealing with physical challenges .

Sorry , I'm Canadian so I get upset at guys who "dis" the game . If you don't like it fine but it is not a "shite " sport

Rant over -sorry

This may sound daft, but there is another sporting team in kirkcaldy that could have a bearing on the rovers crowds next season - the fife flyers. The flyers have been competing in the lower echelons of scottish ice hockey since the demise of the british national league 6 years ago, and there is a chance they could be joining the elite league next season. I know of people who stopped going to watch the flyers and started going to starks park instead. A Few of those people have said that if the flyers get back into a high standard of competetive hockey, they would happily go back to watch, even if they had to fork out £15. Ok, there is the choice of going to watch the rovers in the afternoon, then the flyers at night, but not everyone can afford that luxury. If the flyers do go elite, surely both themselves and the rovers could make some deals which could help people afford to watch both teams? say for instance, buy a ticket for a raith game and get a voucher with a £5 discount on entry to a flyers game, and vice versa maybe?

When one of our fine breed scoop the euromillions, he/she can build the new San Starko and incorporate an ice rink in the design.

* runs like f**k and heads for cover*

edit, spelling.

Edited by Zen Archer

Another good reason to have "summer football " that has been in discussion .

And to the poster who made comments about ice hockey has either never played or understood the game . First off , it is by far the hardest game to play . You have to be able to skate first before even trying to incorporate the skills . Then dealing with physical challenges .

Sorry , I'm Canadian so I get upset at guys who "dis" the game . If you don't like it fine but it is not a "shite " sport

Rant over -sorry

Of course it is a shite sport. More people would rather watch Raith rovers for fucks sake!

I think Ice Hockey is one of North America's better sports! I've never actually watched the Flyers at all...but I've watched the Olympic Ice hockey a few times and it's pretty exciting! Plus they even fight!

Far better than Baseball...glorified rounders that!

Anyone for Basketball?? I saw the Lakers when I was in LA and it was brilliant!

It's skating for fucks sake! the only men in Scotland who skate are either gay or after their hole!

Even further off topic, that reminded me of a joke.

Apparently this is a whoop in Portugal.

A man in a Portugese bar gets into an argument about Brasil, He says,"only prostitutes and footballers come from Brasil".

The man next to him says, "my wife comes from Brasil", "really" replies the man, "what team does she play for ?".

When one of our fine breed scoop the euromillions, he/she can build the new San Starko and incorporate an ice rink in the design.

* runs like f**k and heads for cover*

edit, spelling.

The dream would be a massive complex close to the main roadways that accommodated all of the popular sports in Kirkcaldy.

Get some big joint built around a stadium that would house football pitches, ice hockey rink, tennis courts, boxing club, swimming, basketball and also have a venue built in for music, plays etc and last but not least, a fucking picture hoose!

Name a lot of the clubs under the Raith Rovers banner. Raith Tennis club, Raith boxing club etc.

It'd regenerate the whole town.

Edited by Andy C

The dream would be a massive complex close to the main roadways that accommodated all of the popular sports in Kirkcaldy.

Get some big joint built around a stadium that would house football pitches, ice hockey rink, tennis courts, boxing club, swimming, basketball and also have a venue built in for music, plays etc and last but not least, a fucking picture hoose!

Name a lot of the clubs under the Raith Rovers banner. Raith Tennis club, Raith boxing club etc.

It's regenerate the whole town.

It would also kill the last bit of life out of our High St.

Should the board expect a large cheque from the SFA when we are working out our budget for the year? The cup run last season was a bonus, nothing more. If the cup run was the only reason we didn't make a loss that season, then the board weren't making a very good job of balancing the books. If we need a cup run to break even, then the board need to be a bit more conservative in their planning.

well said

The high street is dying a slow painful death anyway. Foregoing sentimentality, big, purpose built shopping precincts are the way forward.

f**k it; Raith High Street!

That's the fucking spirit Raith Michael W!

There are opportunities everywhere.

When you walk along many High Streets you very rarely look up.

Take it from me, when I worked for Black the Plumber in Kirk Wynd in the late 70's I was able to gain access to many a property down the street.

You would be amazed the amount of unused building space above ground level that could be turned into flats.

Granted the discussion is hypothetical, but there is scope to look on the bright side.

The high street is brutal. There is little choice in where you can actually go. I totally agree with Andy's idea. While it would make getting to games a wee bit more difficult for me it'd still be better for the club and the community.

Andys idea does make sense on paper but what Im trying to say is that every business in and around the High St would object to the plans.