The New Raith Rovers Thread

If you're going to move to Scotland you need to learn the first rule of being Scottish - everything, and I mean everything, about the place must at all times be called shite. We're a negative bunch of fuckers, for reasons I don't know. It doesn't matter where you're moving from, Canada or Cambodia, the thought of someone actually moving into Scotland is something most will never get their head around.

On football matters, it looks like Baird will be staying. Although being a negative Scotsman I still expect an SPL side to panic buy him for £20k in early August. :D

...moreover, CannucksSFAfan, you'll learn soon enough that despite every Scottish town with between 20,000 and 100,000 inhabitants being identikit, we all pretend the ones that aren't the one we live in are 'shit holes'.

Parochialism rules ok.

Thanks to all that have commented . I have noticed this through the various message boards on the negative . Maybe I'll bring a Canadian positive on things !! Although Canadians are always comparing ourselves to the US .We are not any good unless we make it in the US those sort of things .

Keep the comments coming , it is a slow time in Raith talk , I mean not even a new jersey to be complaining about lol

Thanks to all that have commented . I have noticed this through the various message boards on the negative . Maybe I'll bring a Canadian positive on things !! Although Canadians are always comparing ourselves to the US .We are not any good unless we make it in the US those sort of things .

Keep the comments coming , it is a slow time in Raith talk , I mean not even a new jersey to be complaining about lol

I've lived in other countries - Scotland is as good as anywhere. You'll love it..

RibzThanks for that . Edmonton pop is 1,000,000 now so a little different in the amount of things do . KDY is around 40,000 correct ? So how about Red Deer Alberta then ?

Raith _94 That's what I want to hear !

Edited by CanuckSFAfan

Paco's point is fair enough, but Kirkcaldy really is lacking in things to do. For it's population size, it lacks a lot of basic entertainment things, take for instance, a lack of a cinema. f**k sake, Fife in general doesn't even have a Burger King, the true hallmark of fast food in western civilization.

Heard they are going to revitalize the Mercat , with cinema ect . Seems the town is trying to get things back on track , isn't there revitiliation(sp) projects for high street ?

I think the town is on the way up

Yea burger king is an obvious over site .

Edited by CanuckSFAfan

Paco's point is fair enough, but Kirkcaldy really is lacking in things to do. For it's population size, it lacks a lot of basic entertainment things, take for instance, a lack of a cinema. f**k sake, Fife in general doesn't even have a Burger King, the true hallmark of fast food in western civilization.

I hate to burst your bubble, rw89. (but you know I'm just about to).

I live 2 miles either way of a BK and a cinema, and I stay in Fife.

Granted, the BK is in South Queensferry, however, it's a glass half full situation.

P.S. I don't really visit either regularly, but the option is there.

I hate to burst your bubble, rw89. (but you know I'm just about to).

I live 2 miles either way of a BK and a cinema, and I stay in Fife.

Granted, the BK is in South Queensferry, however, it's a glass half full situation.

P.S. I don't really visit either regularly, but the option is there.

Thats all fair and well. But your a bridge away from civilized dining facilities. In the deeper recesses of Fife, it gets more and more limited. :lol:

Kirkcaldy has Raith Rovers Football Club, end of argument!

Its the only thing you need from a wee town, a great football team. I go to watch Leeds Utd sometimes, but its not the same. Just can't get in to it, not the way i feel watching Raith Rovers Football Club :)

Heard they are going to revitalize the Mercat , with cinema ect . Seems the town is trying to get things back on track , isn't there revitiliation(sp) projects for high street ?

I think the town is on the way up

Yea burger king is an obvious over site .

f**k Burger king....best fish suppers on the planet and all you twats can talk about is fuckin burger king....sheesh......i dont know.....

Burger King! Burger King! The home of fine dining. Who the f**k cares about Burger King? Shitey burgers.