The New Raith Rovers Thread

If the kdy public didn't turn up for a league title fight with the pars, why would they turn up for slightly cheaper gates?

Costs are costs. Can't afford the gamble of lowering prices and expecting the public to turn out in droves.

They did. We sold out our end.

The public will never turn out in their droves, but sticking prices up, when they are already too expensive for this standard of football, doesn't seem like a great plan either.

I meant the home games, and the title race in general - should have made that clearer. Our home crowds were woeful on the whole.

It's only a pound extra a fortnight, and our costs have increased. I'd love it to be cheaper, but that's life.

Maybe so, but they were well up on average from the previous couple of seasons.

There isn't much we can do. Cutting the prices in half would bankrupt us before the effects on the playing squad could be seen, and putting up the price to watch a poor standard of football doesn't help either.

I'd love to see us reduce our prices, I really would, but I'm afraid our 6k a month mortgage plays a big part in what we can and cannot do.

Edited by Michael W

Sorry but who the f**k moves from Canada to kirkcaldy

What's wrong with that . . I live in Edmonton ,we had snow on the ground for 7 months !! Taxes are through the roof , cost of living is out of touch with the average joe . Average house price in Edmonton is 226000 pounds stirling , I pay 1900 pounds stirling for my property tax , roads are wrecking my car .....

Scotland has a very magical appeal to those of us over here . Guess everyone has different perspective ??

Thanks everyone for the input . Guess I should find a Canadian living in Kirkcaldy to give me their feelings , eh ? If you know someone and wouldn't mind contacting me , please do

I meant the home games, and the title race in general - should have made that clearer. Our home crowds were woeful on the whole.

It's only a pound extra a fortnight, and our costs have increased. I'd love it to be cheaper, but that's life.

Our home form was, not woeful just as our support wasn't woeful, but no great shakes. That's life too.

£17 is too much for a game of football, especially a lower league game in Scotland; £16 was too much. It's a difficult situation for clubs as a lot of them have saddled themselves with debt, but that's their problem. I certainly don't blame the folk who can't be bothered paying £17 for a game of football, for the club's predicament.

Edited by Scary Bear

There are warmer cities , like my home town Toronto but cost of an average house is 272000 pounds stirling

It's mostly that that puts me off! That and the high taxes. I already live in a place where property is expensive relative to earnings (at least to buy), and the cost of living is pretty high.

We should set up a Raith Rovers estate agents with the amount of housing discussion over the last couple of pages!

Unless you have grown up or spent a long time living in fife it is a very strange choice of place to move to from another continent. But good luck to you i will say this Fifers are a unique breed.

Unless you have grown up or spent a long time living in fife it is a very strange choice of place to move to from another continent. But good luck to you i will say this Fifers are a unique breed.

I have heard these Fife references many times , even on BBC Scotland Sportssound , Was wondering about this ? Same as here in Canada ( slightly bigger country lol) Newfoundlanders are totally different than Edmontontonians .Back to Scotland Edinburgh and Glasgow are two very different places , correct ?

Are fifers different in a good way ??

What's wrong with that . . I live in Edmonton ,we had snow on the ground for 7 months !! Taxes are through the roof , cost of living is out of touch with the average joe . Average house price in Edmonton is 226000 pounds stirling , I pay 1900 pounds stirling for my property tax , roads are wrecking my car .....

Scotland has a very magical appeal to those of us over here . Guess everyone has different perspective ??

Thanks everyone for the input . Guess I should find a Canadian living in Kirkcaldy to give me their feelings , eh ? If you know someone and wouldn't mind contacting me , please do

If you're going to move to Scotland you need to learn the first rule of being Scottish - everything, and I mean everything, about the place must at all times be called shite. We're a negative bunch of fuckers, for reasons I don't know. It doesn't matter where you're moving from, Canada or Cambodia, the thought of someone actually moving into Scotland is something most will never get their head around.

On football matters, it looks like Baird will be staying. Although being a negative Scotsman I still expect an SPL side to panic buy him for £20k in early August. :D

If you're going to move to Scotland you need to learn the first rule of being Scottish - everything, and I mean everything, about the place must at all times be called shite. We're a negative bunch of fuckers, for reasons I don't know. It doesn't matter where you're moving from, Canada or Cambodia, the thought of someone actually moving into Scotland is something most will never get their head around.

On football matters, it looks like Baird will be staying. Although being a negative Scotsman I still expect an SPL side to panic buy him for £20k in early August. :D

HAHHAHA this post is brilliant green dot