The New Raith Rovers Thread

http://www.thecourie...en-simmons.html

A somewhat interesting interview with Stephen Simmons. Claims the players were told in January there would be massive cuts if we didn't win the league. Not an ideal thing to be telling the players.

Someone really, really, really fucked up with the budget last season. What kind of crowds were we aiming for?! We were up 500 on average.

I'm certain that I remember either Somerville saying the same thing in the press at the turn of the year as well. It might have added a little too much pressure on the players but I'd also rather have a Chairman being brutally honest about the clubs future spending abilities.

As for last years budget, once again I can remember Somerville saying at the close of 09/10 that only the Scottish Cup Money had prevented similar cuts from taking effect last season and that a portion of the money would be used to fund a larger squad than we could otherwise afford.

I'm not suggesting that we got the sums bang on but nor am I throwing myself off a roof with the worry about it.

f**k Simmons, there's rent to be discussed.

I'm going to weigh in with: Are you sure it's not 8 payments even though you're there for 9 months, or similar? It can make the rent seem like more than it is, in real terms.

6 payments, somehow. I'm entirely sure how, that's what the email said.

Anyone interested if I were to run a minibus through to away games next season? (Or indeed, any existing groups looking for bus hire?)

I should be able to get reasonably cheap hire of a 16 seater through my work and was wondering if I could make use of it.

Anyone interested if I were to run a minibus through to away games next season? (Or indeed, any existing groups looking for bus hire?)

I should be able to get reasonably cheap hire of a 16 seater through my work and was wondering if I could make use of it.

I would be interested in some, but I work a lot of Saturday nights so I wouldn't be there every week.

I would, but your far too sensible to have a post match 'the end is nigh' debate with.

Would that be the diamond bus ?

Going back to the guy moving to Kirkcaldy Was wondering some of the better neighbourhoods ? Gallatown ( close to the arena so I could coach ice hockey ) , Strathallen , Dunniker . What neighbourhoods to avoid? Your opinions would be helpful . May be tempted to make the move over there from Canada

Seafield is pretty nice, and very handy if you're looking to get along to Starks Park. Anywhere up Oriel Road would be a decent area, as are Raith Estate and the area around the Beveridge Park. I live up Dunnikier, but it's probably not as good as it used to be (there's a few complete arseholes kicking about at nights). Hollybrae wouldn't be a bad shout either.

I'd avoid the following: (at great risk of offending fellow Raith fans who read this thread)

The links, the Gallatown and Smeaton.

Avoid The Links, Smeaton, Gallatown, the area round the south side of the hospital, The Valley and Templehall.

However, where possible, go for the area round about the court (beveridge road), all the bits up Oriel Road, Raith Estate, Dunnikeir, Holly Brae, and Ravenscraig.

They'll all be available for less than my FUCKING RENT.

Hank Scorpio said

Avoid The Links, Smeaton, Gallatown, the area round the south side of the hospital, The Valley and Templehall.

However, where possible, go for the area round about the court (beveridge road), all the bits up Oriel Road, Raith Estate, Dunnikeir, Holly Brae, and Ravenscraig.

They'll all be available for less than my FUCKING RENT.

What's wrong with the Valley ?

Okay, I'll see if I can get some prices off them tomorrow.

I'd be interested in this Yoss and I'm sure my neebur would be interested too.

Feel that I should stand up for the Gallatown but apart from the Overton part of it I can't really think of any decent bits. The Fairway and surrounding areas are alright too.

Great place to grow up but Fife Council's magnificent policy of filling a great community with junkies has been to the serious detriment of the district.