The New Raith Rovers Thread

Ramsay and Baxter of Cowdenbeath are possible signings.

Mark Ramsay has signed for Arbroath, according to someone on the 2nd division forum. Apologies for quoting a post which is nearly a week old, but I've been on holiday and have missed various developments here and there.

Mark Ramsay has signed for Arbroath, according to someone on the 2nd division forum. Apologies for quoting a post which is nearly a week old, but I've been on holiday and have missed various developments here and there.

I think it's Mark Baxter who has signed for Arbroath, leaving us still in with a chance of signing Ramsay sometime next week.

It was Mark Baxter, you're correct. I'm an idiot and put the wrong one in the last post!

If a player we were allegedly looking at has signed for Arbroath, then that doesn't fill me with confidence that he'd have been particularly good at this level anyway. However, we do still require a right back (and will be in desperate need of one if Murray chooses to go elsewhere).

I'm curious as to whom the player McGlynn has a verbal agreement with is. With the FFP article saying he knows the player well, I'm going to guess that the player is ex-Hearts. Please, please don't let it be Jamie Mole. :(

It was Mark Baxter, you're correct. I'm an idiot and put the wrong one in the last post!

If a player we were allegedly looking at has signed for Arbroath, then that doesn't fill me with confidence that he'd have been particularly good at this level anyway. However, we do still require a right back (and will be in desperate need of one if Murray chooses to go elsewhere).

I'm curious as to whom the player McGlynn has a verbal agreement with is. With the FFP article saying he knows the player well, I'm going to guess that the player is ex-Hearts. Please, please don't let it be Jamie Mole. :(

I think you'll find the player signing is Joe Hammil, ex Livi and Hearts.

Oh dear God in heaven, no. A real mole would be better.

Couple of nice souvenirs on auction on OS to raise cash for the "Youth Academy, Commercial/Hospitality dept & the Website"...................unsure.gif

http://www.raithrove...ures.cgi?id=209

Really fancy the 1st one, but my wife would go spare if I spent £80 for a signed pic of a pair of cans to hang on the wall........

Edited by RoversMad

Heard a terrible rumour that we were reverting to royal blue??? Fucking hope not.

Royal blue is not Raith Rovers, it's an appalling colour reserved for morons with a northern Irish connection. Arse burglars !

I think I have seen this posted on here before. I really hope this is not true. I like navy blue as a colour in general. I'm not a fan of royal blue. It might be different for the older generation but I just can't associate Raith Rovers with that shade of blue, having never seen us wear it.

im getting on in years now and royal blue was NEVER our colours ,and never has been ,

I can remeber us playing in lighter shades of navy blue (maybe even royal blue) in the late 80's - 95ish!! I may be wrong as this was around the time I started watching games aged 4 so memory a little fuzzy!!

It's true that the kits were a lighter blue, certainly 88-91 and possibly more than that, but IMO that was a mistake and should be avoided. I could be wrong, but I like to think part of our identity is not being a 'certain kind of club' - wearing a darker blue is in turn part of that. That said, if it is true for next season then it might well be too late anyway.

I can remeber us playing in lighter shades of navy blue (maybe even royal blue) in the late 80's - 95ish!! I may be wrong as this was around the time I started watching games aged 4 so memory a little fuzzy!!

Looks like your right according to this link

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Raith_Rovers/Raith_Rovers.htm

I'd prefer us to stick to the navy blue but add some character to it and less like a Falkirk strip.

Our 125 Blackburn-esque strip is the smartest we've had in my opinion.

Easily.

I tend to stay a year behind with strips as it means I can pick them up for closer to £10 rather than £40, but that one was the exception, i got it on it's release day. The smartest strip the Rovers have ever had in my lifetime.