The New Raith Rovers Thread

In other news, Paul Browne just arrived at my house with a parcel...for the wrong house! He put our parcel through our neighbours letterbox by mistake!

Clearly as good at being a postie as he was at being a defender...haha!

In other news, Paul Browne just arrived at my house with a parcel...for the wrong house! He put our parcel through our neighbours letterbox by mistake!

Clearly as good at being a postie as he was at being a defender...haha!

Maybe Eddie Forrest should be drafted in as his replacement.

This is the same guy that said he would love a crack at the spl while still being under contract with us but no1 shot him down like Bairdy also big rumours he has now had 2 interviews at Kilmarnock

Nothing wrong with that tbh as didnt he say that just after we failed to make it there and for the job he has done I wouldnt grudge him a move on to the SPL he deserves it and frankly with the cuts at the club we have missed our best chance to go up for a wee while

Nothing wrong with that tbh as didnt he say that just after we failed to make it there and for the job he has done I wouldnt grudge him a move on to the SPL he deserves it and frankly with the cuts at the club we have missed our best chance to go up for a wee while

did he not say it in the run up to the pars game in the sun newspaper big story on him saying he would love a crack at the spl meaning either with raith or who ever wants me

This is the same guy that said he would love a crack at the spl while still being under contract with us but no1 shot him down like Bairdy also big rumours he has now had 2 interviews at Kilmarnock

... and what does that have to do with anything?

Personally, I welcome both Baird and McGlynn looking to further their career - anyone content to be in the First Division isn't particularly welcome in my opinion.

The downside, of course, is that these statements can quite often read as a desire to not be at the club rather than in the league.

Yea he would. Is a bit hot and cold, but on his day was probably one of out best players. Skilful and a good passer of the ball. Is just prone to being a lazy c**t.

this, very frustrating player at the best of times.

Simmons was probably our best central midfielder last season, and i'd have kept him ahead of Davidson. If he plays well, he'll be street ahead of any other second division midfielder, when he can't be bothered, he'll fade in with the rest, but still comfortably do a job.

In general,seconded.One of the laziest players I`ve seen..On his day a decent player but these days were few and far between

Davidson or Simmons?No contest,Davidson any day of the week

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Davidson or Simmons?No contest,Davidson any day of the week

I dunno if it's just me or what, but I like a centre midfielder to do his job. Win tackles, pass the ball. Simmons did it very well most of the time, whilst Davidson is usually too busy being the heidless chicken and charging down the full back instead of letting the forward do it.

The worst bit about that is that it usually gets applauded.

In terms of actual footballing ability Simmons is far, far better than Davidson, I'm sure Davidson himself would be happy to acknowledge that. Unfortunately though our successes haven't really been based on passing and movement. Davidson suits our team a lot more than Simmons, who I think is a good midfielder, superb on his day, but sometimes rotten too. Does under-appreciated things like actually keeping the ball, and is intelligent with his passing mostly as well. He also usually passed the ball ahead of his target, the rest of the midfield are awful for playing straight to feet meaning our build-up is slow and lumbering.

If he stays motivated he'll be a great signing for Brechin,

I dunno if it's just me or what, but I like a centre midfielder to do his job.

So do I but midfielders come in many guises and all are important

Win tackles, pass the ball. Simmons did it very well most of the time,

Passing yes but tackling,headering and general workrate not for me

whilst Davidson is usually too busy being the heidless chicken and charging down the full back instead of letting the forward do it.

Yes Davidson is prone to the heidless chicken act now and again but hes a decent passer,good in the air and excellent workrate,in general a decent footballer.Davidsons a wee bit of a hotheed at times but I like a player thats got a bit fire in the belly