The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I do apologise. I had absolutely no idea that Robertson was involved with the U20's.

I work night shift weekdays, so never get to attend any of the youth games.

Nae worries. Emotions running high this evening. 

I've checked myself a few times before biting to obvious fishing trips and making an erse of myself. Again.

1 minute ago, Typicalrovers said:

Players haven't been told that. Meeting on Tuesday. I hear Yogi telling them all in the dressing room how pish they are. Cuthbert asks him about all his f**k ups and all hell lets loose.

Cuthbert gave me the impression that he didn't have any time for Hughes' management style. Good on him.

Hughes has had plenty of time to coach the 'pish' out of them and failed miserably. Total disaster.

Player said clearly that they were told they can all leave, take of that what you will

Could it be that it was yogi that told them they could all leave then the board told yogi that it was him that can leave. Yogi thought he was a law unto himself and maybe thought he was untouchable. If Cuthbert had a go at him the good on him.

9 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

He should never have been offered that contract last season. So my feelings towards him hasn't changed in a year..

I then went on to say, he was the result of that equaliser then went on to miss the decisive penalty..

It's nothing to do with him being injured. He has been with us for 2 years now and I haven't seen him make a positive influence on any game. I had no idea he actually had anything to with the U20's team..

To call me a cretin is slightly over the top though :lol:

Probably over the top. Apologies.

Have also heard that players will all be in on Tuesday for talks and that the board are hoping to make an appointment in the near future. Would be suicidal to let all the players go and if they do no season ticket for me.

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Hang on... All players released? Need to build a whole new squad? Part time?

Reveal hidden contents

2844626424.jpg

I am genuinely gutted for Raith Rovers. They were the first team I was taken to see in the late sixties & still retain an affection beyond my own team. Livingston have show that this season that you can bounce back I sincerely hope you guys can match that feat next season.

Just now, Blue Oktober said:

I am genuinely gutted for Raith Rovers. They were the first team I was taken to see in the late sixties & still retain an affection beyond my own team. Livingston have show that this season that you can bounce back I sincerely hope you guys can match that feat next season.  

Yep, was actually a blessing in disguise going into League One, gave us the chance to rebuild and come back up a lot stronger. Enjoyable for us fans watching us winning games again too and visiting new grounds.

Think everyone is jumping to conclusions here, I doubt it that all players have been told to leave that is just crazy, Vaughan, Mathews, Callachan told to bolt na I'm not believing that considering they are trying to sell youth development at every opportunity,I personally think the players that are still contracted will be staying full time the others will be made up of part timers if livingston managed it on there crowds we surely can

Could it be that it was yogi that told them they could all leave then the board told yogi that it was him that can leave. Yogi thought he was a law unto himself and maybe thought he was untouchable. If Cuthbert had a go at him the good on him.

Very much so, i only spoke to two players outside and they gave me that exact account of things. Hope they two as they seemed committed and said that if we were to stay full time they would be here next year.
Players didn't seem to like Hughes at all either
especially re bobby barr.

Horrific day had a feeling the way our season has went that the free kick was going in before it was hit. For next season id keep both Barr's benedictus callachan Matthews and vaughan.John Hughes is as much to blame as Locke his underuse of bobby Barr through personal feeling has cost us as well

I'm all for a clear out but releasing everyone? Surely even Drysdale wouldn't sanction that, right?

Cuthbert, Benedictus, Bobby Barr, Matthews, Vaughan, Callachan and Stewart. These guys are all under contract and are a very good starting point for next season.