The New Raith Rovers Thread

If true, then that certainly would be the cherry on top of the cake that is this season!

Only players I would keep would be Cuthbert, Vaughan, Matthews, Bobby Barr, Craig Barr, Mark Stewart and Benedictus. The rest, as far as I'm concerned can f**k off.

And that includes our 'player of the year' Mvoto who, like many other games in this last quarter, has cost us dearly with his mistakes!!

Agree with everything there. Can't see them letting all contracted players go especially the younger players. That would be suicidal.

15 minutes ago, miloman said:

The great clear out begins....

Who is in pole position to take the managers hot seat??

I was speaking to Craig Easton on Thursday at the U-20 awards night and he seemed keen but very cautious about the position.

I'd like him to get it with Scott Robertson taking over the young team.

Just now, Leggy Blonde said:

ALL the players have been told to find new clubs?? There's some good young players there who are under contract.. surely tae f**k the club wouldn't just cut them loose?? 

surely a contract is between two parties and both have to agree to terminate it ?

If the club have agreed to release all players who are contracted, including the young prospects, then can they release me from my season ticket?? Because that would be suicide starting from scratch. I agree a clear out is needed, but there are some players I would be happy to keep

Thats what I wrote, yes.
What are your reasons against Robertson taking over the U-20s?

Why not give it to Rudi Skacel?

Better yet, lets bring back Gary Locke and let him run the U20's..

We have paid Scott Robertson a whole years salary to get 45 mins of football out of him. In that 45 minutes, he managed to give away the foul for the equaliser and then went on to f**k up the decisive penalty. He can get to f**k as well.

Releasing the contracted players would be unthinkable if it didn't tie in so fucking perfectly with every other decision made by Raith Rovers Football Club this season. 

It could be the case that for the club there wasn't a relegation clause in the their contracts so they'd be on the same or slightly higher money next season.

Or they did have a relegation clause in their contracts and they and the club have exercised these.

Looks like you will be going part time. Probably the reason for clearing everyone on a ft contract out. Didn't want you down as it would have given Ayr a decent chance of winning the league. Decent pt players will see you fine and I look forward to our tussles next season.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility to suggest that the board have neglected to include relegation pay-cuts in the players' contracts. It'd be negligent, but hey, it's Raith Rovers. If the board were competent, we wouldn't be fucking relegated. 

Even allowing for that, however, it would still be madness to empty the entire squad within hours of a play-off defeat. There are players there who could be moved on for very modest fees or sell-on clauses, and more importantly, who could drag us back out of League One. I can't begin to understand the logic, I can only assume it's a misplaced rumour. 

That said, nothing about this club surprises me anymore. 

If Drysdale had any intention of walking an announcement would have been made by now. Instead it looks like he's appointed himself as chief executioner. So far the manager and his assistant have gone and there are rumours circulating about the players' futures... but nothing about Drysdale. I have no faith in the c**t making the right decisions on anything any more. Just go, and leave someone else to pick up the pieces of your car crash tenure at Stark's.

Edited by Beachbum

Cuthbert in goal, Bene and a fit Barr in middle of defence, Mathews in middle, B Barr out wide, Vaughan playing off the front. These are who we should be keeping and building around, strong foundation for a league one team. The board owe the fans at least one year of throwing everything possible at a quick return after what they have done to us.

A fully functioning Stewart would tear up League One but is only close to fitness about one every four games, liability.  There is obviously a player in Callachan but we see it about once or twice every ten games, wouldn't be much of loss on that basis.

Rest can bolt, JT looks finished, Davo IS finished, McHattie not good enough, Roberts not even good. MVoto is a diddy (his defending today was awful) CJ lightweight and flatters to deceive. Anyone left? Outwith Hardie the loans have been pish, Skacel was finished about 6 year ago, Robertson? Why the f**k did we give him a contact anyway? Injured or not he is past it.

Im away to tan a litre of vodka and hopefully be dead to world in next hour or two, try to take the pain away

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Why not give it to Rudi Skacel?

Better yet, lets bring back Gary Locke and let him run the U20's..

We have paid Scott Robertson a whole years salary to get 45 mins of football out of him. In that 45 minutes, he managed to give away the foul for the equaliser and then went on to f**k up the decisive penalty. He can get to f**k as well.

So your desire for me to "Have a word with myself!" for touting Robertson has absolutely nothing to do with the work that he has done with the 20s this season or the experience that he can pass on to young players coming through?