The New Raith Rovers Thread

Thats fucking insane. As bad as it's been there are one or two boys that we'd surely want to keep. Feels a bit like salting the earth after burning down the house.

It does seem strange. It just gives the impression that finances aren't great and we can't afford too many full-timers. Why would you want Matthews to leave, for example?

The guys signed on 2 year deals are generally all good players and would be the core of the side next season.

21 minutes ago, ac-rrfc said:

All players have been told that they could leave in the dressing room after the game, even contracted ones but none of them really know what's happened. John Hughes is away and isn't coming back and some players certain seem glad about it. Players and staff also paid off, sad sad day.

Jeeze,sounds serious! That's not the way to do it regardless of how they've played or the fact the club has been relegated. Who in their right mind would want to play for a club that treats their players like that?  

All players told to find new clubs staff getting paid off, I wonder of we're really fucked and they've thrown everything at staying up this year?

If that's the case what the actual f**k are directors walking away loans getting called in?

This is the sort of stuff you would expect through the week at the earliest not straight after the match.

Who does everyone actually want to keep. Outside of Cuthburt, Craig Barr, Bene, Bobby Barr, Vaughan and Matthews I couldn't care less. 

I dont even think half of those players will want to stay though. 

John Hughes is almost as much to blame as Gary Locke Raith had a good squad that Hughes should have been able to keep up .It easy for him to blame the players but he should come out now and say he will get you up at the 1st time of asking.

Who does everyone actually want to keep. Outside of Cuthburt, Craig Barr, Bene, Bobby Barr, Vaughan and Matthews I couldn't care less. 

I dont even think half of those players will want to stay though. 

Only player I would add to that list is maybe Mark Stewart. The rest can GTF!

4 minutes ago, pub car king said:

All players told to find new clubs staff getting paid off, I wonder of we're really fucked and they've thrown everything at staying up this year?

If that's the case what the actual f**k are directors walking away loans getting called in?

This is the sort of stuff you would expect through the week at the earliest not straight after the match.

Does sound very much like we could be well fucked. 

9 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Hughes has gone - confirmed. 

Some good news at last. 

Saying all the players are free to leave however is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Mathews Vaughan and Callachan are worth good young players  worth money and we should be building next year's team around them 

Some good news at last. 

Saying all the players are free to leave however is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Mathews Vaughan and Callachan are worth good young players  worth money and we should be building next year's team around them 

Well said..

Well I'm a huge huge Pars fan. They're the huge team in Fife for all you lot who doubted that very fact.
Early season the Rovers fans on here had far too much to say. There is an ancient Dunfermline proverb that goes like this 'I was talking when I should have been listening'
See yeez some other time ladz HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No relegation will ever be as minter as that banner...