The New Raith Rovers Thread

All players have been told that they could leave in the dressing room after the game, even contracted ones but none of them really know what's happened. John Hughes is away and isn't coming back and some players certain seem glad about it. Players and staff also paid off, sad sad day.

This next manager, whoever it may be, is the most important appointment in my time following the Rovers. Get it right and we could have a great season, adding an extra few hundred on to our gate before coming back up at the first attempt. Get it wrong and we could be stuck down in League 1 for god knows how long.

2 minutes ago, ac-rrfc said:

All players have been told that they could leave in the dressing room after the game, even contracted ones but none of them really know what's happened. John Hughes is away and isn't coming back and some players certain seem glad about it. Players and staff also paid off, sad sad day.

Crowdfunder.com/bringLewybacktoDumbarton

Whilst there are a few players under contract I would like to see invited to leave, if we really have told everyone they can leave it sums up the utter shambles that the club is. There are a couple of them we could get a small fee for. 

:lol: :lol:

2 minutes ago, ac-rrfc said:

Essentially all told in the dressing room they were free to find another club, meeting to be held on Tuesday with all players I believe.

Thats fucking insane. As bad as it's been there are one or two boys that we'd surely want to keep. Feels a bit like salting the earth after burning down the house.

Edited by renton

Thats fucking insane. As bad as it's been there are one or two boys that we'd surely want to keep. Feels a bit like salting the earth after burning down the house.

f**k knows what's gonna happen, fucking shambles yet again.

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Whilst there are a few players under contract I would like to see invited to leave, if we really have told everyone they can leave it sums up the utter shambles that the club is. There are a couple of them we could get a small fee for. 

Clearly Drysdale is gearing up for "Deflecting Blame, Phase 2: Blame the Players". Obviously they've played a fairly important part in this seasons clusterf*ck, but I doubt they had much input on our abysmal managerial and transfer dealings.

Between February and May 2016 we were excellent. Apart from that we've been treading water since 2011.

We deserve to be relegated. The club needs gutted out.

Now we need to find the right manager, try and build a team, try and connect with the fans again and get out League 1 at the first time of asking. Easier said than done.

I'm not actually feeling as gutted as I thought I would be. I think it's due to the fact I've been consigned to the fact we're going down for a few weeks now. This season has been an absolute clusterfuck and an embarrassment, as has already been said Drysdale needs to walk. A shake-up needs to happen from top to bottom. I highly doubt anymore than one or two players from this year's squad will be playing at Championship level or above next year which is quite telling of just how poor they are.

I'm actually quite looking forward to next season, it'll be good to actually be competitive and (hopefully) win most weeks.

If true, then that certainly would be the cherry on top of the cake that is this season!

Only players I would keep would be Cuthbert, Vaughan, Matthews, Bobby Barr, Craig Barr, Mark Stewart and Benedictus. The rest, as far as I'm concerned can f**k off.

And that includes our 'player of the year' Mvoto who, like many other games in this last quarter, has cost us dearly with his mistakes!!

So by telling all the players they can leave, does that suggest Drysdale wants them all to walk so he can say they all bailed at the first chance so obviously didn't give a toss in the first place??

18 minutes ago, ac-rrfc said: