The New Raith Rovers Thread

To be fair there are more reasonable posters on there as there are idiots. Its just that some people are so idiotic it seems worse than it really is. I go on alot and have learned the names to ignore.

To be fair there are a fair number of zoomers on here too, the difference being there is no ignore button on fantalk.

Re the chairman, I remember going to Starks a few yeas ago, and being told my dad had sold his business for £2M and was going to be Rovers chairman on the Monday :blink:

I got an email from Bob Mullen an hour and 45 minutes ago (not sure why, old Season Ticket database, I suppose) saying that the Rovers had issued a press statement. Doesn't say what it is, or what it's about, just that it'll be on "then" website later today.

Helpful.

sounds about right :lol:

Im assuming its a big announcement if its Dave making it, glad the club has kept the season ticket prices down until end of June. Can take full advantage with my student card :D

I reckon the Chairman taking a 2 month sabbatical is someting that people should know. Seems to have been a bit overhyped but it's pleasant to be kept informed.

Well, at least it's not an announcement regarding a new lawn mower......

Business as usual so don`t see why the big hoo ha,fucking hell,the chairmans going on holiday.

just to keep us in the loop i suppose, otherwise be chinese whispers FT style

Edited by P.C

just to keep us in the loop i suppose, otherwise be chinese whispers FT style

Since a few folk seem annoyed by the trivial nature of the situation I reckon we should start up some rumours. I'll start;

Dave Somerville is off to start a brothel in Nairobi and will be selling baby panthers to fund it.

Since a few folk seem annoyed by the trivial nature of the situation I reckon we should start up some rumours. I'll start;

Dave Somerville is off to start a brothel in Nairobi and will be selling baby panthers to fund it.

I prefer that he rumbled the McGlynn/Simmons/Williamson love in and in protest has stepped down until McGlynn makes more time for him :o

I prefer that he rumbled the McGlynn/Simmons/Williamson love in and in protest has stepped down until McGlynn makes more time for him :o

Clearly, McGlynn and Simmons had a tiff. Do you reckon that it became clear Williamson was the gaffer's favourite?

Clearly, McGlynn and Simmons had a tiff. Do you reckon that it became clear Williamson was the gaffer's favourite?

I have no doubt in my mind that Williamson has perfected his blowjob technique to levels that would put Methil's finest to shame

Craig Wilson in The Courier

Highlights just how dire the financial situation at the club is.

its a shame we didnt keep him, he didnt have the best of seasons after he came back from injury tho we had a few shakey performances and players after teh new year.