The New Raith Rovers Thread

There's bound to be a couple that will allude to this. I'll alert the white coats.

Big blow, but good luck to him; as Yoss and others put it earlier in thread, he owes us nothing after cancelling his contract; he has done a lot for both the club and the town and is a lovely bloke, so all the best to Marv at Accies.

Incidentally, do Hamilton still have their artificial pitch? Hows his knee gonna hold up on that? :huh:

Edited by raith_94

There's bound to be a couple that will allude to this. I'll alert the white coats.

Big blow, but good luck to him; as Yoss and others put it earlier in thread, he owes us nothing after cancelling his contract; he has done a lot for both the club and the town and is a lovely bloke, so all the best to Marv at Accies.

Incidentally, do Hamilton still have their artificial pitch? Hows his knee gonna hold up on that? :huh:

maybe he will only play away games?

Na, they had to get rid of it to play in the SPL.

We're in desperate need of a centre half now, and Dougie Hill in place of Marvin Andrews is like going out with Margaret Thatcher instead of Jessica Alba.

I think they have real grass now, it was a condition of entry to the SPL.

So i take it Marv has signed on at NDP, if its true then good luck to him.

We're in desperate need of a centre half now, and Dougie Hill in place of Marvin Andrews is like going out with Margaret Thatcher instead of Jessica Alba.

Spot on, if this is the level of ambition we are heading for then what was the point.

No. I think we'll be 7th at least.

The last two champions significantly strengthened their squad in the summer and both finished 8th and very narrowly avoided relegation. What makes you think Raith will do better with arguably less investment?

Its amazing with some of you guys. How can you pass judgement on a player you have hardly ever, if ever, seen play.

Give the guy a chance and pass judgement after you have seen him play in division one.

The last two champions significantly strengthened their squad in the summer and both finished 8th and very narrowly avoided relegation. What makes you think Raith will do better with arguably less investment?

We are using reverse logic, I mean why follow a system that plainly doesn't work ?

Edited by Whistle Blower

We are using reverse logic, I mean why follow a system that plainly doesn't work ?

Exactly. Spending money on anticpation isn't sound investment at any time, and in these dark days of the economy I'm happy to rely on the guile, eye for potential and connections of McGlynn. Until it all comes crashing about our ears anyway. But I don't think it will. Survival is all we seek.

Different year, different league, different teams, why try and compare them? The struggle is in trying to quantify the term 'significantly strengthened' from one team to another, therefore it becomes impossible to judge without the benefit of hindsight.

Problem is though, that we have no choice but to downgrade if Marv leaves. No-one else is really gonna give us that same level of excitement.

If the manager believes that Hill can do a job for us, then I have no intention of getting irritated about it until at least the 15th August.

Different year, different league, different teams, why try and compare them? The struggle is in trying to quantify the term 'significantly strengthened' from one team to another, therefore it becomes impossible to judge without the benefit of hindsight.

Well I don't see much difference between 2008/09 and 2009/10. I'll grant you Livingston, but with your investment and this league's history, 7th place seems a bit fanciful.

'Significantly strengthened' - Richard Brittain, Iain Russell or Gregory Tade?

In descending order of ability that is.

Well I don't see much difference between 2008/09 and 2009/10. I'll grant you Livingston, but with your investment and this league's history, 7th place seems a bit fanciful.

Every team has changed to some degree or another, some weaker and some of course stronger. We're facing different personnel and different circumstances from what Morton and RC faced, also, we have our own team and manager with their own philosophy that will either help or hinder us in the season ahead.

And yet, you have no real knowledge of how much we need to strengthen from last year (neither do I right enough, but at least I admit it). 8th or even 7th place is not beyond the imagination.

Livi will hopefuly implode around the 9th August, I'm not terrified of Ayr's signings yet and see no reason we won't finish above them. Therefore, in a tight league 1 more place isn't quite the same as declaring ourselves champions.

Edited by lzreid