The New Raith Rovers Thread

Connelly was decent, and I wouldn't object if he signed on. I however would much rather Longridge, the boy had much more of a presence and he ran at players, and tend to beat them, opposed to playing a 1-2 and tight intricate passes in about the 18 yard area, that barely came off unless it was against lesser opposition. Plus if all else failed playing the hoof long baw to someone just over 5foot was never gonna work.

Anyway, League Cup, really good group in my opinion. And fairly easy to get to away days logistically.

I can only comment on the games against us, but Connolly looked a really special player. It's so unusual to have a guy as technically gifted as him playing at this level. There's plenty of players like Longridge imo.

I can only comment on the games against us, but Connolly looked a really special player. It's so unusual to have a guy as technically gifted as him playing at this level. There's plenty of players like Longridge imo.

If Connolly was 5'10 there's no way he'd be at our level. His physical attributes are deceptive. Even being that small he still causes a few problems and doesn't let it hold him back.

His performances were brilliant though. He's an utter joy to watch. He chipped in numerous goals and assists and overall had a huge say from turning our from a team who couldn't score to one where we created numerous chances. Also, the goal at Dumbarton was glorious.

I'd be absolutely delighted and astounded if he returns.

If Connolly was 5'10 there's no way he'd be at our level. His physical attributes are deceptive. Even being that small he still causes a few problems and doesn't let it hold him back.

His performances were brilliant though. He's an utter joy to watch. He chipped in numerous goals and assists and overall had a huge say from turning our from a team who couldn't score to one where we created numerous chances. Also, the goal at Dumbarton was glorious.

That performance against us was one of the best I've ever seen from an opposition player. A stunning goal and two assist, pretty much the perfect game for a creative midfielder. Technically there can be few players better than him in the country and, like you say, he was an absolute joy to watch in that game.

Keeping him would be the difference between potentially 7th or 8th and 3rd or 4th. He's that good.

Brechin away for our first friendly.

We still owe them the friendly that was rained off last year, the gate receipts for which were to be our payment for McKinnon.

Correct. Would definitely have Longridge back at the club but wouldn't be overly disappointed if he wasn't. To get Connolly back would be a huge bonus.

That game against Dumbarton was his best, and some of the stuff being said about him is distinctly ott. But yeah, of course we'd love to keep him.

That game against Dumbarton was his best, and some of the stuff being said about him is distinctly ott. But yeah, of course we'd love to keep him.

Got to agree. Very talented but he must have given the ball away more than any other player all season. Not ideal player for every game but clearly great to have if we could.

Would agree with LB and Yoss, speaks volumes that he was hooked after an hour in the first Hibs game and didn't get on at all in the second one. Good when we were the team on the front foot but gave the ball away too much otherwise. He's a definite keep if possible, though.

Stevie Murray was probably smaller, and I think Connolly has all the attributes to be as good, if not better, cracking little player

Missing the point mate but just a light-hearted reply to one of your own having a pop at our old habit of spending money we don't have. Oh and posting on a fans football forum does not equal obsession. Look it up in the dictionary....;o)

no need to mate I understand the meaning of obsession, I'll re- phrase my point concerning the rovers obsession, My comment was directed generally to pars fans not you personally We are classed as the wee team yet many Pars fans are constantly bragging on Pie and Bovril how they are better than and will finish above the wee team, even to go as far as painting a bedsheet and place it in a field near Starks park, if the Rovers are that crap why continually brag on the Rovers forum about how better the Pars are! Clearly the Pars see the Rovers as a threat ! Here where the obsession begins. Personally I see every side in the league a threat I just wish the Billy's big times from East end were more realistic with there league aspirations .

Sorry if I hurt your feelings da_no_1 ill make sure the next time I get my Oxford dictionary and double check my vocabulary

no need to mate I understand the meaning of obsession, I'll re- phrase my point concerning the rovers obsession, My comment was directed generally to pars fans not you personally We are classed as the wee team yet many Pars fans are constantly bragging on Pie and Bovril how they are better than and will finish above the wee team, even to go as far as painting a bedsheet and place it in a field near Starks park, if the Rovers are that crap why continually brag on the Rovers forum about how better the Pars are! Clearly the Pars see the Rovers as a threat ! Here where the obsession begins. Personally I see every side in the league a threat I just wish the Billy's big times from East end were more realistic with there league aspirations .

Sorry if I hurt your feelings da_no_1 ill make sure the next time I get my Oxford dictionary and double check my vocabulary

Calm doon flower, it's only the net. Not real life :lol:

Calm doon flower, it's only the net. Not real life :lol:

You lot have been back two minutes and you're already beyond tedious.

Can you not just rein it in a bit until the season starts?