The New Raith Rovers Thread

Ive never heard of the punter that picked that team. Some of his selections are a bit bizarre. Totally different from the official pfa one.

I don't think Cuthbert should be there, but Toshney has certainly been one of the, if not thee, best defenders in the league this year. There's no denying that..

Still got local businessmen paying wages the club couldn't otherwise afford? What could possibly go wrong with that I wonder? :P

What's your point? We signed players subsidised by businessman so obviuosly we could afford the wages, Infact Rovers fans at that Colin smart of kingdom homes and Brian Meechan of Fife Auto centre, Unlike the Pars who didnt pay there bills and if it wasn't for the Purvis Group you would be down the toilet. Rovers obsession again

I don't think Cuthbert should be there, but Toshney has certainly been one of the, if not thee, best defenders in the league this year. There's no denying that..

Cuthbert won the players and managers player of the year.

Who would you put ahead of him?

What's your point? We signed players subsidised by businessman so obviuosly we could afford the wages, Infact Rovers fans at that Colin smart of kingdom homes and Brian Meechan of Fife Auto centre, Unlike the Pars who didnt pay there bills and if it wasn't for the Purvis Group you would be down the toilet. Rovers obsession again

Missing the point mate but just a light-hearted reply to one of your own having a pop at our old habit of spending money we don't have. Oh and posting on a fans football forum does not equal obsession. Look it up in the dictionary....;o)

Missing the point mate but just a light-hearted reply to one of your own having a pop at our old habit of spending money we don't have. Oh and posting on a fans football forum does not equal obsession. Look it up in the dictionary....;o)

Old habits die hard or are you now doing things on an honest and professional basis?

Old habits die hard or are you now doing things on an honest and professional basis?

Yes I believe so. If you read Ross McArthurs' end of season report on our website I have complete and utter faith in the people in charge of my club. That's not to say their decisions can't be questioned but I know they're made with the long term stability of our club at heart.

We've even made a small profit, even whilst playing in the third tier of Scottish football.

The test for Dunfermline will be how much they want to go up. If it turns out they'll be another us, Morton, Queens for a few years then will he be interesting to see if they embrace that or chuck money at going up.

Only say that as Leishman was on Off the Ball earlier in the season firmly believing they should be an established top 6 top flight side, which I found quite odd. Obviously Dunfermline are a bigger club than us, but I always see them as one of those yo yo teams between the top 2 leagues. Would be interesting to see if those running the club harbour the same ambitions.

Edited by CALDERON

Well I don't think any clubs' owners would come out & say "we'd happily settle for 6th place" in a ten-team league. I'd be quite happy to stay up but I don't think there's much between the teams outwith Hibs, Falkirk & yourselves & given that 2 out of those 3 have new management teams, I bet AJ & the board secretly harbour ambitions of the play-offs.

I heard that Leishman interview & I'm fairly certain he said we have a top 6 set-up in place, which is arguable if he was talking about the stadium etc. I'd agree with you & stats would support it - in my time supporting the Pars (30-odd years) we've never been an established anything, apart from a fair size chunk of the noughties which was all built on sand of course...........

Well I don't think any clubs' owners would come out & say "we'd happily settle for 6th place" in a ten-team league. I'd be quite happy to stay up but I don't think there's much between the teams outwith Hibs, Falkirk & yourselves & given that 2 out of those 3 have new management teams, I bet AJ & the board secretly harbour ambitions of the play-offs.

I heard that Leishman interview & I'm fairly certain he said we have a top 6 set-up in place, which is arguable if he was talking about the stadium etc. I'd agree with you & stats would support it - in my time supporting the Pars (30-odd years) we've never been an established anything, apart from a fair size chunk of the noughties which was all built on sand of course...........

The Pars definitely have the stadium that's for sure. I think we're a bit worried about Locke and how he'll set us up. If McKinnon hadn't jumped ship I think we could be top 4 again. The jury is definitely out as regards to the management team, we'll have to wait and see. We have a good spine of a team it's the additions we'll have to make to achieve last seasons success. Hoping we can keep McKeown, Connolly and Longridge.

The test for Dunfermline will be how much they want to go up. If it turns out they'll be another us, Morton, Queens for a few years then will he be interesting to see if they embrace that or chuck money at going up.

Only say that as Leishman was on Off the Ball earlier in the season firmly believing they should be an established top 6 top flight side, which I found quite odd. Obviously Dunfermline are a bigger club than us, but I always see them as one of those yo yo teams between the top 2 leagues. Would be interesting to see if those running the club harbour the same ambitions.

Leish gets a little over excited at times. I'd agree our natural level just now is floating between the top two divisions.

We've spent 11 of the last 20 seasons in the Premier Division/SPL.

Leish gets a little over excited at times. I'd agree our natural level just now is floating between the top two divisions.

Would be interesting to see how many seasons you'd have had in top division if you'd lived within your means.

Would be interesting to see how many seasons you'd have had in top division if you'd lived within your means.

Has McKeown signed up yet for next year? I know Houston was looking at him for a more physical defence this season but seems to have gone cold recently.

Nae idea. If the rumours of McHattie signing is true then McKeown will be away I'd reckon. He wouldn't be a major loss imo. Losing the likes of Connolly, Hardie and Longridge are major losses though. Albeit the rest of the squad is signed, minus McKeown, it's effectively the same squad that went through the rut over winter, a rut even McKinnon struggled to deal with at times. Locke and co will seriously need to sign some good players if the playoffs are in anyway a target. Failing that it'll be fluttering between mid table and the odd scare at the wrong end of the table.

Yes it would, although I'd hazard a guess that for the majority of the nineties & noughties a fair percentage of teams from the top two leagues massively overspent at some point (yourselves included)

It used to be the way. Not any more.