The New Raith Rovers Thread

You have my genuine and sincere pity.

He is a fucking charlatan and you'll have to endure eye bleedingly bad football probably played by the guts of the appalling Killie squad he 'built' that we will be jettisoning after our play off final.

The relegation play off final he is responsible for us being in.

Good luck. You'll need it.

We have the majority of our team already signed up numbskull. I really hope it now works out for him then you Killin fans can sit there thinking are we just really that rank?!?

Ok shock/underwhelmed factor is dying down with me. nothing more frustrating then a group of cleekit people at work giving it big licks about how you can't do your job let alone being a football manger with social media doubters and fans in general. Hopefully we get our knifes and forks out for a slice of the humble pie. Time to get relaxed about this and get behind the team and manager of 2016/17 . TRUST 🙅

I've actually started to calm down now and preparing to give Locke the full backing. He's here now so we may well get behind him.

Craig Barr on a 2 yr deal is an outstanding piece of business as I expected him to head to Dundee United. Come on Connolly. You know it's the right thing to do.

I also think we'll see Johnny Court having a bit of an impact this season. And I think that's the reason Locke beat the rest of the candidates, the fact he's the reason behind the likes of Nicholson, Walker etc..

Yep, add me to the "he's here now so may as well get behind him" crew. Not my first choice by a long stretch but he's got a decent squad to start with. As long as he doesn't instantly sign his pals and makes good additions we should be fine.

I withhold the right to change all this if McCulloch gets appointed in any capacity into the backroom.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Yep, add me to the "he's here now so may as well get behind him" crew. Not my first choice by a long stretch but he's got a decent squad to start with. As long as he doesn't instantly sign his pals and makes good additions we should be fine.

I withhold the right to change all this if McCulloch gets appointed in any capacity into the backroom.

Elbows has been an ever present at San Starko this season attending at least half a dozen development league games, I fear his homework may be complete.

Seriously? Can pretty much guarantee he'll be on his way then..

Zen walks up stairs and sees Elbows eye to eye, Elbows nods, Zen nods back, Elbows (speech bubble) 'aye it's me', Zen (speech bubble) 'fucking p***k' both nod and sit at opposite ends of the stand.

I would like to know from the club what exactly got him the job, what made him the stand out candidate and why exactly he interviewed so well.

I think on the face of it the club have made a hideous appointment but I am intrigued as to what the directors.of this club have seen that the fans of the club have not.

We have the majority of our team already signed up numbskull. I really hope it now works out for him then you Killin fans can sit there thinking are we just really that rank?!?

I'm not up to speed with the current state of Raith Rovers squad as I have my clubs league survival to concentrate on thanks to your new manager.

I assume then by your statement that there will be no further signings by Raith this transfer window?

If there are players brought in the chances of them having been signed by Locke for Killie and then freed after the playoffs will be pretty high.

I hope it works for Raith. I've sat through enough games where Gary Locke work his management skills and wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy.

Hopefully your board sees sense and punts him before he does any real damage.

It'll be easy enough to judge him let's face it, he's inherited a strong squad at a well run club, there's not a lot needs changing, just a few additions required. If he screws that up then just about everybody on P&B will have been right about him and our board will be guilty of a rare error of judgement.

I hope for his sake he gets off to a good start, it'll be fkin pandemonium otherwise.

I would like to know from the club what exactly got him the job, what made him the stand out candidate and why exactly he interviewed so well.

I think on the face of it the club have made a hideous appointment but I am intrigued as to what the directors.of this club have seen that the fans of the club have not.

There's an interview with him on the website now...

If nobody knows who Gary Locke is then I can understand why he got picked with what he said in it

Highlight phrase in the interview though " Young ones have always got their telephones in their hands nowadays." I burst out laughing at that. :lol:

He also goes on and says he likes to think his teams 'play entertaining, positive attacking football' :lol:

He really hasn't learnt from his past experiences then :(

I'm not up to speed with the current state of Raith Rovers squad as I have my clubs league survival to concentrate on thanks to your new manager.

I assume then by your statement that there will be no further signings by Raith this transfer window?

If there are players brought in the chances of them having been signed by Locke for Killie and then freed after the playoffs will be pretty high.

I hope it works for Raith. I've sat through enough games where Gary Locke work his management skills and wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy.

Hopefully your board sees sense and punts him before he does any real damage.

Who was worse Killie manager between Locke and Allan Johnston?