The New Raith Rovers Thread

Right I've said my peace and I'm fed up complaining about something we can't change so we're just going to have to accept this and hope he hits the ground running in a less challenging league than he's used too.

If Barr signs and he brings in a good addition to the squad quickly we may start to feel a whole let better.

Cmon Gary make me and loads of others look like fannys by proving us wrong.

i dont think he has to. youve all done a pretty good job of it yourselves.

Give the guy a chance for gods sake.

Raith fans have no real option but to get behind Locke and the team; I hope he does well for you guys.

That said, I can understand why folk are uninspired by the choice. I think I would be to if I were in your position.

Bobby Barr tweeting that he just met 'the new gaffer' at least that means he's probably going to complete his move.

That leaves Locke realistically looking for two wide midfielders, one, preferably two forwards and a left back (almost certainly McHattie).

Bobby Barr:

Just spoke to the new gaffer! Looking forward to gettin started in june. Time to enjoy the sun in tenerife

Edited by Beachbum

This thread's gone mental. I hope he does well this season then gives a big GIRUY to the South Stand.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new season even if no one else is.

This thread's gone mental. I hope he does well this season then gives a big GIRUY to the South Stand.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new season even if no one else is.

^^^^^^^ love this guy. Just about to post the same, would never have picked Locke if I had 10 reasonable choices, but he is here and it could go tits up, but it could not. Let's just see and (hopefully) enjoy.

I have detested Gary since his days at Hearts when he scored at Starks park and celebrated with a rifle shooting celebration.

But i love my team and if he is to be the manager then so be it, I will support him because i love my team, I will back him 100% and i will show faith in the club i love. Please dont let us down Gary as i cant think of a way to hate you any more than i already do..

Damned with faint praise.

I'm sure he'll give you more hateful memories if you give him long enough.

Bobby Barr tweeting that he just met 'the new gaffer' at least that means he's probably going to complete his move.

That leaves Locke realistically looking for two wide midfielders, one, preferably two forwards and a left back (almost certainly McHattie).

David Smith.

There you go. Positive news already.

Bobby barr is about to signe his prer season deal. Mango has signed a two year deal until 2018 and young johnny court has signed a one year extension until the end of next season. At least the squad is not being broken up, and he is already in talks to add to the squad. What more can we all ask for pre season.

Good news re both Barrs. Fingers crossed Locke doesn't feck up what is a decent squad he has thus far. As underwhelmed as I am with his appointment, and regardless what opposition fans say about his signing policy, I'm intrigued as to who he'll bring in. Feck all we can do but see how it pans out.