The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm shocked, bemused even. The guy has failed at both clubs he has managed, can barely string a sentence together, so how in the name of f**k has he interviewed well enough to land the gig ahead of the "quality names"?

On the plus side, these posts raised a much needed smirk from my dour puss!

Things: Done.

Places: Been.

Is the guy on the right alive? I think somebody should check on him.

:lol:

FWIW I was reliably informed that Locke was about to get the job before Murray but changed his mind at the last minute. Whatever pictures he has of Eric in a bikini must have been saved from back then and he's kept the job for him

The over-reaction by some of the Raith fans on here is laughable.

Nothing like giving someone a chance eh?

Also, the notion that the board would deliberately appoint a sub-standard manager as some sort of "GIRUY" gesture to stay-away fans is ridiculous.

Do you really think the BOD consult P&B over who to appoint?

This is like .net at its worst.

how about f**k off

Well that's it official Gary Locke is in the hot seat on a two year contract or until he turns us into world beaters and decamps for better environs. 

Fair to say that I for one am underwhelmed, completely and utterly underwhelmed. 

The reaction on here and elsewhere by Rovers and rival fans has been completely understandable, over the top at times but on the whole utterly understandable. 
We have watched our club improve both on and off the park for the last 10 years. We have heard of a 5 year plans and were amazed at the tangible progress that was demonstrated in the 1st quarter of 2016. Losing in the play-offs was a blow but the loss of Ray McKinnon was a different kind of pain. 
Good noises coming from SP suggested that an able replacement of "quality" would be forthcoming which had me (if nobody else) excited and maybe a little apprehensive but still overall hopeful about what was coming next. 

Fast forward 14 days from Easter Rd and where are we? 

On the plus side we have a young manager who has a good record for bringing through young talent (was he not the man that brought through; Paterson, Smith, king, Holt and others whilst youth team coach at Hearts?) He's made mistakes but has hopefully learned from them. I also don't think he did too badly at Hearts with a team that was pretty much doomed. Killie were in perilous waters and needed a better more experienced guy to guide them through, I don't think it was ever a job for him and in that role he failed miserably, again we can but hope he has learned valuable lessons here. 

On the negative side; 
I generally have nothing more to add than the fact that I desperately feel the club has sold us all short. 
All the good noises coming from the BoD of us striving for year on improvement, "Quality" was the suggestion as better class of applicant was coming forward for the post. So why do I feel like a wee boy that was promised a Raleigh BMX for Christmas but have woken up to discover Santa's been shopping on Ebay... and in Ebay China at that? 

Maybe it'll all be ok and Locke will do a great job only time will tell, but for now I feel hollow and empty. 
We're Raith Rovers supporters and as supporters of a wee team have no given right to expect greatness or great things but if I'm honest I was hoping for a bit more than this especially given the foolishly raised expectations of this year and the hype from the board.

Cut & Pasted from Fantalk as I can't be bothered writing anything else.

Correct.

Oh dear. I remember watching that live - it was on the BBC iirc - and thinking that I'd never seen a team look so clueless and out of their depth. Wasn't sure if he was in charge at the stage as it seems like quite a few years ago now.

Should be Eric getting the tattoo after this utter clusterfuck.

If it goes as pear shaped as we are all worried it might I vote the whole board get brands on their foreheads never mind fucking tattoos!

Oh dear. I remember watching that live - it was on the BBC iirc - and thinking that I'd never seen a team look so clueless and out of their depth. Wasn't sure if he was in charge at the stage as it seems like quite a few years ago now.

We're fucked, to be honest.