The New Raith Rovers Thread

To be folk forget his tenure at hearts? Nae c**t wanted the job, club in turmoil, points deduction zero budget, but still took job, and almost done the unthinkable in the end and kept them up if they had only a few more games they wouldve!

Killie job was a job he shouldnt have took so quickly after hearts as they were just as skint, and nae c**t wanted that job either and killie are still scunnered!

Last season we appointed ray mac and for the first 5 months it was hoof baw to a soley wated budget on jon daly and the wee non event wighton, only till january when ray finally had the baws to go n ask the board and fans for help did it turn round.!

Give the new gaffer a chance ya miserable whores, no wonder players dont want to play for us le gaffers want to manage us or even supporters want to come back cause honestly some supporters are a disgrace! Seriously,

Gary lockes level will be the championship, even will love nothing more than giving the hibs a hiding, oh and killie when they come down too.! And well the rest of the boys will be lifted for the united and townies games.!

Wait til 4 games in and weve got 12 points from 12 after beating united hibs killie and the pars. Job done.!

I believe the board will have asked where people want to go with us, and vice versa where the board want to go, after ending last season in play offs it has to be same again!!

They only started winning with him when already relegated and there was no pressure on them in comparison to all the teams they faced at the time.  All the big matches prior to relegation they got pumped.  Hearts fans where delighted they got rid of him.

Don't rate him. Kille fans can't wait to be shot of him, even if the go down. It's the worst team they've had in years.

Jason Thomson was laughably shit at us in our SPL, genuinely the worse right back I've ever seen at us, absolutely fucking horrendous. And we were absolutely dog shit that year

He's done alright at Raith.

At least you have no expectations for the season so he can't disappoint!

Locke is a master at making bad situations worse, so he could well excel himself and manage to dissapoint us.

Edited by renton

Smith does.

It was between those two as the others I assume would need to be bought out contracts.

Interesting. Wonder why we bothered interviewing Aitken and Young if that's the case, wouldn't compo have to have had been agreed between both parties before we were allowed to speak to either of them?. As I said earlier if we can't afford the likes of Aitken or Young then we're in a pretty bad way. Essentially we've went for Locke due to cheapness.

Smith does.

It was between those two as the others I assume would need to be bought out contracts.

Smith would probably have been a more sensible option given the ex-Dundee players in our squad. Maybe the board asked them and their references weren't good.

2pm apparently unless they do a decent thing and tear up the contract already. I'll happily wait another 2 weeks if they want find the right man. Doesn't have to happen today..

Not long to wait for confirmation then. Ah well, onwards and, eh...

If it is him, it's a really uninspiring choice. Do the board not look at things like win ratios?

Edited by Scary Bear

Smith would probably have been a more sensible option given the ex-Dundee players in our squad. Maybe the board asked them and their references weren't good.

Maybe the board just has some weird mental trigger, manchurian candidate style, when someone mentions they were at Hearts....

Maybe the board just has some weird mental trigger, manchurian candidate style, when someone mentions they were at Hearts....

It's never easy supporting us. You're only a bad boardroom decision away from the seaside league.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the new manager was to meet the media at a press conference at 2pm. I'm guessing it won't be broadcast anywhere?

It's Raith Rovers mate, not Barcelona.

It's Raith Rovers mate, not Barcelona.

Yeah but it's Gary Locke, surely teams over the world will be gutted when he's unveiled as our new manager after stealing him away.

Odds on the start of the article on the official site starting with - "Raith Rovers Football Club are delighted to announce..."

"Raith Rovers Football club guiltily admit..." Doesn't quite have the same ring.