The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's the inevitable signing of duds like McHattie and that c**t Hammil that really irk me.

If he gets of to a flyer fair play. We'll all be delighted. If he doesn't though he'll be against it but I think the board will have some serious questions to answer. Think in that case we'd need some fresh ideas.

I can only assume he must of had a very impressive champ man career and added that to his cv.

I won 7 Champions Leagues in a row with Sheffield United. Should have given me the job. I've also attended 3 different primary schools.

Give who ever the manger a chance ! The championship is going to be a great league next year ! Most our squad is signed ! He will have some contacts to get in a Decent striker !

Those saying they won't come ! Then that your loss and don't call your self raith fans !! Support the team win lose or draw !! If the manager is not doing well. He will be changed im sure there will be a Claus in the contract. Get ur season tickets so we can get good players ! Simple !

Haters can GTF ... And if he fucks up lock can GTF... Everyone deserves a chance. Hope he does well

^^^ Needs more exclamation points

It's the inevitable signing of duds like McHattie and that c**t Hammil that really irk me.

If he gets of to a flyer fair play. We'll all be delighted. If he doesn't though he'll be against it but I think the board will have some serious questions to answer. Think in that case we'd need some fresh ideas.

we could do a lot worse at left back than McHattie

we could do a lot worse at left back than McHattie

Don't rate him. Kille fans can't wait to be shot of him, even if the go down. It's the worst team they've had in years.

The one slither of comfort you can take from this is the last time a managerial appointment led to a thread in this forum consisting of multiple pages of seethe from fans of the club who made the appointment, interspersed with laughter from fans of every other club in the country.

Jim Duffy is one of the few managers in the country who has ever been held in as low esteem as Gary Locke is, and his appointment as Morton manager saw a similar thread to this one. Many of the criticisms made of Duffy were entirely accurate - hoofball, refusal to deviate from 4-4-2, players out of position every single week. He wasn't known as The Relegator for nothing. Yet after two seasons he met expectations in the first one and surpassed them in the second. His flaws are still massively infuriating, but you can't deny that's he's done well on results.

Unlikely, but maybe Locke will be similar. He could do what he's always done before and flood the squad with shite ex-Hearts crocks, appoint Billy Brown, show no tactical nous whatsoever and generally come across as an illiterate moron, but somehow get you into the top four despite it all.

Good luck.

Edited by Dunning1874

Don't rate him. Kille fans can't wait to be shot of him, even if the go down. It's the worst team they've had in years.

Spoke to a few Hearts fans at work that rated him, don't pay much attention to Killie to be fair but he is probably a better option that other left backs

Been reflecting on this today, and I'm genuinely bemused by it. I'm not sure it's accurate to say it's an indication the board lack ambition, and it definitely isn't a bit of a GIRUY to us, that's just a plain odd opinion.

The board obviously decided he was the best man for a specific set of reasons. Maybe it's financial, or maybe he was genuinely excellent at the interview, who knows, but what doesn't make an iota of sense, is how you can look at his 'achievements' from a footballing sense, and say he's the man for us.

By all means point out the extenuating circumstances at Hearts and Kilmarnock, but any fan who thinks he improved matters at either club, will be in the minority. Whatever way you want to look at it, he was a gigantic failure at both clubs. He took a bad situation, and made it even worse, I'm not sure there's any other way to look at either tenure.

That's not to say he'll be a disaster at Stark's Park, he might actually be okay *crosses fingers*, but I'm genuinely puzzled how they could base the decision to appoint him on his managerial career to date, as it's completely dreck.

However, I'm not sure what else anyone could do except give him a chance, what's the alternative?

We do have the nucleus of a half decent team, if he can 4 or 5 non-jobbers into that, then we should be okayish.

That said, his tactics, team selections and motivational skills appeared to be fairly madcap, so unless he's knocked all that on the head, then it could be a boo-filled season.

Absolute scenes if it's not him who's trotted out at 2 though.

Never felt this flat in decades of following Raith.

Absolutely stunned, feel very let down by then Board

Look forward, with interest, to how they will justify this appointment later today.

In fairness I'll give him 6 or 7 games to prove he is up to it.......and then I'll consider going back to Stak's