The New Raith Rovers Thread

One of Lewis Vaughn's pals issuing the phrase "Oh dear". Guess the players aren't so happy about this, at least some of them.

There's no danger I would post personal opinions of a player about the incoming manager. I'm sure he will be professional about it despite it being a former hertz captain and manager :)

Give who ever the manger a chance ! The championship is going to be a great league next year ! Most our squad is signed ! He will have some contacts to get in a Decent striker !

Those saying they won't come ! Then that your loss and don't call your self raith fans !! Support the team win lose or draw !! If the manager is not doing well. He will be changed im sure there will be a Claus in the contract. Get ur season tickets so we can get good players ! Simple !

Haters can GTF ... And if he fucks up lock can GTF... Everyone deserves a chance. Hope he does well

If by 'contacts' you mean 'one phone number' and by 'decent striker' you mean 'Dale Carrick', sure.

We're probably about to.  He is without a doubt the worst manager in our history.  Dreadful signing policy, dreadful tactics, dreadful human being.

Not to defend Locke, but it is in doubt - he's definitely in the bottom two, but Lee Clark may be even worse.

I'm genuinely embarrassed reading this. A ball hasn't even been kicked or a signing made and Locke has been torn to shreds from our own fans. Talk about an over reaction.

Happy-clappers always miss the point by coming out with this. Just because fans are unhappy about the appointment doesn't mean they're going to hound him out your club the second he appears in the dugout for his first game. If they were to do so that would be embarrassing and overly negative, but no one will. They are however entitled to call the appointment as they see it, which means they'll all universally say it's shite because everything Gary Locke has done in his career suggests he's a shite manager.

It's really hard for me to put into words just how fucking angry I am at this. I get behind the board in EVERYTHING they do. Gave Murray the job, gave him a longer contract, helped him out by bringing Malpas in instead of just jacking him when everyone was calling for his head - fine, all fine. I really try my best to think of us a progressive club who give people a chance when others won't but what the actual f**k are we doing appointing this c**t?

Eric is on here and in the paper as good as begging more folk to come along and support the club and we appoint Locke, a man with the tack record of an imbecile, who lists his fucking primary school and beating Hibs once on his ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL AND PUBLIC CV. The man is a fucking joke.

Is this a "f**k you" to the fans because we didn't show up in greater numbers last year? A sort of, "well this is the level of manager you can expect if you don't come and support us"? Genuinely, and I mean this, if he appoints Lee McCulloch or Billy Brown into his backroom, I'll no be back until they're away. We're a fucking laughing stock AGAIN. well done Rovers, top fucking job.

Exactly this.

Bizarre choice but you support the team not the manager.  If he's shit he won't be there long.

Don't think Raith Rovers would have been Top 4 next season anyway so Locke might well turn out to be a convenient fall guy for a probably decline in fortunes.

:lol: Gary Locke!

Well played Rovers, well played. A truly abysmal appointment. It's funny and we don't have to listen to his cro-magnon views on Sportsound. 

If Billy Brown was to join, I might just shit myself with laughter. And it would be easily worth it. 

To be folk forget his tenure at hearts? Nae c**t wanted the job, club in turmoil, points deduction zero budget, but still took job, and almost done the unthinkable in the end and kept them up if they had only a few more games they wouldve!

Killie job was a job he shouldnt have took so quickly after hearts as they were just as skint, and nae c**t wanted that job either and killie are still scunnered!

Last season we appointed ray mac and for the first 5 months it was hoof baw to a soley wated budget on jon daly and the wee non event wighton, only till january when ray finally had the baws to go n ask the board and fans for help did it turn round.!

Give the new gaffer a chance ya miserable whores, no wonder players dont want to play for us le gaffers want to manage us or even supporters want to come back cause honestly some supporters are a disgrace! Seriously,

Gary lockes level will be the championship, even will love nothing more than giving the hibs a hiding, oh and killie when they come down too.! And well the rest of the boys will be lifted for the united and townies games.!

Wait til 4 games in and weve got 12 points from 12 after beating united hibs killie and the pars. Job done.!

I believe the board will have asked where people want to go with us, and vice versa where the board want to go, after ending last season in play offs it has to be same again!!

I'm really excited to find out what Yoss thinks. He tends to swim against the current (and he's usually correct) but surely even he is with the majority on this one?

The over-reaction by some of the Raith fans on here is laughable.

Nothing like giving someone a chance eh?

Also, the notion that the board would deliberately appoint a sub-standard manager as some sort of "GIRUY" gesture to stay-away fans is ridiculous.

Do you really think the BOD consult P&B over who to appoint?

This is like .net at its worst.

I'm not contrary for the sake of it, y'know. But basically, I agree with da_no_1, and I'm utterly baffled (and a little bit entertained) by the level of seethe here, including from some I wouldn't have expected it.

To be honest, I don't pay enough attention to the Premier League to have much of an opinion on Locke's previous record - but that'd be by-the-by anyway. As I've said through the week, there's a lot of luck involved in football management and I'm totally relaxed about someone having previous (relative) failure on his CV. I take analysis-by-result with a pinch of salt and I'm more interested by what the board thinks he has to offer than I am by Killie fans telling us he's awful because they've not had a good season. (East Fife fans were telling us just the same about Naysmith this time last year - I took that with a pinch of salt too.)

What he has got here, for the first time in his managerial career, is a squad that's looking pretty decent for its level. Big chance for him. He might be shit, he might be good. Most likely somewhere in between. Life goes on.

To be folk forget his tenure at hearts? Nae c**t wanted the job, club in turmoil, points deduction zero budget, but still took job, and almost done the unthinkable in the end and kept them up if they had only a few more games they wouldve!

Killie job was a job he shouldnt have took so quickly after hearts as they were just as skint, and nae c**t wanted that job either and killie are still scunnered!

Last season we appointed ray mac and for the first 5 months it was hoof baw to a soley wated budget on jon daly and the wee non event wighton, only till january when ray finally had the baws to go n ask the board and fans for help did it turn round.!

Give the new gaffer a chance ya miserable whores, no wonder players dont want to play for us le gaffers want to manage us or even supporters want to come back cause honestly some supporters are a disgrace! Seriously,

Gary lockes level will be the championship, even will love nothing more than giving the hibs a hiding, oh and killie when they come down too.! And well the rest of the boys will be lifted for the united and townies games.!

Wait til 4 games in and weve got 12 points from 12 after beating united hibs killie and the pars. Job done.!

I believe the board will have asked where people want to go with us, and vice versa where the board want to go, after ending last season in play offs it has to be same again!!

Fair play you've at least made me laugh here! 

What he has got here, for the first time in his managerial career, is a squad that's looking pretty decent for its level. Big chance for him. He might be shit, he might be good. Most likely somewhere in between. Life goes on.

8th by a bawhair it is then. Lovely.

What's the alternative to giving him a chance then lads? Not get behind him? Stay away? That will help.

I'm as disappointed about this as anyone but all we can really do is get behind the guy and hope it comes together for him.

I don't think we can judge him on his stint at hearts, they were in turmoil when he took over.

Obviously he was poor at Killie but they have been on the slide for a while now. People go on about his win percentage but I think you'll struggle to find a Kilmarnock manager who has a win percentage of much higher than 30% in the last 10 years. The reason they are on the brink of relegation is not down solely to Gary Locke.

What's the alternative to giving him a chance then lads? Not get behind him? Stay away? That will help.

I'm as disappointed about this as anyone but all we can really do is get behind the guy and hope it comes together for him.

I don't think we can judge him on his stint at hearts, they were in turmoil when he took over.

Obviously he was poor at Killie but they have been on the slide for a while now. People go on about his win percentage but I think you'll struggle to find a Kilmarnock manager who has a win percentage of much higher than 30% in the last 10 years. The reason they are on the brink of relegation is not down solely to Gary Locke.