The New Raith Rovers Thread

The first thing the new hearts owner did on taking over was to sack him. This caused quite a heated discussion amongst hearts fans did it not.

He was not sacked from his last job, he resigned due to lack of support from his board. 

Give him a chance say 6 to 8 weeks into the season then judge him, not before even a ball has been kicked in even a friendly.

And use some sense guys. Cant you see many posting on here are purely wind up merchants and your all too dim to see it.

Will he be good or not. I will answer that question after 6 weeks into the upcoming season.

Right, so your saying that a guy who walked out on Killie becuase they wouldn't give him more money is the kind of guy we need here?

Or the fact that the Jambos style of football changed overnight when he went, they never looked back and went from strength to strength.

I've watched Locke's teams, they are attrocious. No one I've spoken to, not one comment I've read has anything positive to say about the guy's managerial tenures.

So, six week sinto the season when he's spunked the budget on a few ex-Jambo perma-crocks and Lewis Vaughan is relegated to the bench for not being big enough to knock down the interminable long balls aimed at the box, then we'll give the issue another look see, gotcha.

How many thought McKinnon was a decent appointment last season truthfully? Never set the heather alight at Brechin to be fair. Wait until a ball is kicked before jumping to conclusions. Grown men shedding tears over the appointment of a manager that wasn't their first choice, pathetic.

I thought RMcK was a decent appointment back then. 

Cut his teeth with BCFC, didn't "set the heather on fire" with them but made progress....what progress has GL made, in his previous managerial posts?

Regress, perhaps?

Sincerely hope, for the sake of the team and fans I am proven wrong, somehow I don't think that will be the case.

I really fear for RRFC in the new season.

I know Locke is all but confirmed but there's wee interview with Aitken on our OS where he pretty much says he's staying.

... and the last slivers of hope burn away.

Ah Chris numbers, the guy who didn't want us to go up as he didn't think 'the time was right' and that we weren't financially 'ready'.....well now we're in a scenario where if Locke continues his tradition of fucking up football clubs that we might have to negotiate two leagues before trying to get into the Premiership.

Edited by Raithie

copied from fantalk

2 seperate posts.from fantalk

Has everyone forgotten the circumstances in which Locke had to operate at Hearts? The man inherited a car crash of a situation and had a fantastic end to the season with a team largely made up of kids. I can't remember the Maths but I recall that he nearly got them over the line even after the points deduction. 

Comparing that with managing Albion Rovers is frankly ludicrous.

I agree with northern rover. I felt he was hard done by hearts. They went into administration, deducted points and only missed out on staying. He also got them to a cup final. Was surprised when Mrs hearts came in and sacked him.

copied from fantalk

Has everyone forgotten the circumstances in which Locke had to operate at Hearts? The man inherited a car crash of a situation and had a fantastic end to the season with a team largely made up of kids. I can't remember the Maths but I recall that he nearly got them over the line even after the points deduction. 

I agree with northern rover. I felt he was hard done by hearts. They went into administration, deducted points and only missed out on staying. He also got them to a cup final. Was surprised when Mrs hearts came in and sacked him.

I'm guessing his stint at Killie was just a one off then :rolleyes:

copied from fantalk

That team of 'kids' probably still had more day to day resources than 3 other clubs in the league at the time, included players like Jamie Walker and Jason Holt and after Locke left, Neilson transformed that team beyond all recognition. Nearly catching Hibs, who'd spectacularly imploded (including losing to us when we couldn't steal a goal) and who Butcher had more or less called out as shite in public is hardly a mitigating factor. He then went to Killie taking his favourite Jambo perma crocks with him, tied them to long deals and left them in the shit, and playing awful, awful football along the way.

copied from fantalk

Hiya Gary! Hiya Pal!

Barry Smith did the same at Dundee. It's a siege mentality around the whole club. Look at what Smith then did at Alloa and Aldershot.

If Locke had demonstrated some kind of attributes at Killie then fair enough but last summer his signings were Rangers and Hearts duds. For christ sake he gave Kris Boyd a 3 year contract!!!

copied from fantalk

I can't remember the Maths but I recall that he nearly got them over the line even after the points deduction. 

He fell way short of getting them over the line, with 12 points less than Hibs and 15 less than Partick.