The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hibs fans will hate him for his Hearts connections.

Ayr fans will hate him for his Killie connections.

Dunfermline fans will hate him for his Raith connection.

Killie fans will hate him for his Killie stint as manager.

Raith fans will just hate him.

Apparently last season we went back on Naysmith due to fan backlash. The reaction over the last 12 hours has been far more severe. If the board were ever needing to stop and say "is this the right thing to do? Are the fans happy at this choice?" then now is the time to do so.

Shiting my breaks if it is Gary Locke, horrific decision!!

Airdrie away 2017/18.

I haven't seen anything positive towards him on all social platforms, surely the board are aware of this. Also, the boy sounds like an absolute muppet, how can he interview well...!

Sake Rovers, giid one on sucking out any left over joy from that season.

MURRAY IN!

Apparently last season we went back on Naysmith due to fan backlash. The reaction over the last 12 hours has been far more severe. If the board were ever needing to stop and say "is this the right thing to do? Are the fans happy at this choice?" then now is the time to do so.

Exactly this.

The board would be fully commended if they did. The only positive thing I've read from anyone is "oh come on give the guy a chance" but then they can't say one quality he possesses as a manager!

I genuinely believe Billy Brown will be appointed his assistant as well...literally who else would and could it be?!?

Wee Mickey as assistant to appease the fans and get a Rover on board?

Trying to grasp at what has got him the job - perhaps the number of kids he helped bring through at Hearts? We need to make the most of the Fife Academy thing so maybe they see him as someone useful in that process. Sure there would be better guys out there for that purpose though.

As you know I'm a twat on these boards, but this totally smacks of desperation. The board have probably thought long and hard about attendances and out of resentment towards the stay away fans that we deserve nothing more. They brought in a manager that instilled a footballing philosophy, and yet the fans stayed away. So now we reap what we sow. So it's like a major f**k you to the fans of this club.

It's really hard for me to put into words just how fucking angry I am at this. I get behind the board in EVERYTHING they do. Gave Murray the job, gave him a longer contract, helped him out by bringing Malpas in instead of just jacking him when everyone was calling for his head - fine, all fine. I really try my best to think of us a progressive club who give people a chance when others won't but what the actual f**k are we doing appointing this c**t?

Eric is on here and in the paper as good as begging more folk to come along and support the club and we appoint Locke, a man with the tack record of an imbecile, who lists his fucking primary school and beating Hibs once on his ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL AND PUBLIC CV. The man is a fucking joke.

Is this a "f**k you" to the fans because we didn't show up in greater numbers last year? A sort of, "well this is the level of manager you can expect if you don't come and support us"? Genuinely, and I mean this, if he appoints Lee McCulloch or Billy Brown into his backroom, I'll no be back until they're away. We're a fucking laughing stock AGAIN. well done Rovers, top fucking job.

At least a break away from football will give you time to continue trying to take over the world Mr Scorpio :)

Eric is on here and in the paper as good as begging more folk to come along and support the club and we appoint Locke, a man with the tack record of an imbecile, who lists his fucking primary school and beating Hibs once on his ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL AND PUBLIC CV.

Genuinely, and I mean this, if he appoints Lee McCulloch into his backroom, I'll no be back until they're away.

That's about the size of it for me

I'm genuinely embarrassed reading this. A ball hasn't even been kicked or a signing made and Locke has been torn to shreds from our own fans. Talk about an over reaction.

This.

Maybe the BOD should resign the club folds and were all done with this nonsense. Give the man a chance before you tear him to pieces and dont listen to the trolls on here who are mainly winding you rovers fans up and enjoying it.