The New Raith Rovers Thread

Only explanation is he's the cheapest option. Increased budget offered to RMcK because good chance of progress. Now we have no management at all, pull it back and just aim to survive. This will be marked as the year our justifiable ambition died, if it's Locke. Always surprises at the Rovers eh?

Given his track record, at both Hearts and Kilmarnock, this must have been an appointment based on the cheapest option available.

Or they just couldn't be arsed. "Well we have this list of guys and we need to weigh up all the.... ah f**k it phone Gary Locke, he'll be desperate for a job and has a long list of ex Jambo hacks we can sign"

So what are our thoughts on how the club will positively spin the appointment of Locke (if true...please don't let it be true)

For starters:

- Played at the highest level in Scotland and England.

- Coached in Scotland's top flight.

- Well respected in the game.

Any more?

It's going to be embarrassing. What a shambles we are. I though we were above appointing one of the old jobs for the boys who gets work due to pals in the media etc. I guess the board wet their knickers at the prospect of whichever couple of not-good-enough-for-us loan players Hearts feel like chucking at us this season.

We've gone from having and articulate, intelligent man-with-a-plan to this clueless moron. I'm genuine when I say I can hardly believe it.

I agree wasn't the best appointment but the guy obviously interviewed well and the board must see something, threads full of fans going in a huff refusing to buy a season ticket because they didn't get who they wanted

I agree wasn't the best appointment but the guy obviously interviewed well and the board must see something, threads full of fans going in a huff refusing to buy a season ticket because they didn't get who they wanted

It's not that we didn't get who we wanted. We got who we didn't want. There's a big difference.

Are we really surprised by our board here? Nobody with any footballing knowledge on it and, other than Mario, no business experience.

This is clearly an option they've decided will keep us as an average championship side without the stress of having to think of promotion.

Absolutely shambles

It's really hard for me to put into words just how fucking angry I am at this. I get behind the board in EVERYTHING they do. Gave Murray the job, gave him a longer contract, helped him out by bringing Malpas in instead of just jacking him when everyone was calling for his head - fine, all fine. I really try my best to think of us a progressive club who give people a chance when others won't but what the actual f**k are we doing appointing this c**t?

Eric is on here and in the paper as good as begging more folk to come along and support the club and we appoint Locke, a man with the tack record of an imbecile, who lists his fucking primary school and beating Hibs once on his ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL AND PUBLIC CV. The man is a fucking joke.

Is this a "f**k you" to the fans because we didn't show up in greater numbers last year? A sort of, "well this is the level of manager you can expect if you don't come and support us"? Genuinely, and I mean this, if he appoints Lee McCulloch or Billy Brown into his backroom, I'll no be back until they're away. We're a fucking laughing stock AGAIN. well done Rovers, top fucking job.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

I was probably open to most appointments. My one proviso was always anyone but Locke. And they go and get Locke. Not the best appointment is a hefty understatement. It completely undermines everything the club achieved in the last year.

It's really hard for me to put into words just how fucking angry I am at this. I get behind the board in EVERYTHING they do. Gave Murray the job, gave him a longer contract, helped him out by bringing Malpas in instead of just jacking him when everyone was calling for his head - fine, all fine. I really try my best to think of us a progressive club who give people a chance when others won't but what the actual f**k are we doing appointing this c**t?

Eric is on here and in the paper as good as begging more folk to come along and support the club and we appoint Locke, a man with the tack record of an imbecile, who lists his fucking primary school and beating Hibs once on his ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL AND PUBLIC CV. The man is a fucking joke.

Is this a "f**k you" to the fans because we didn't show up in greater numbers last year? A sort of, "well this is the level of manager you can expect if you don't come and support us"? Genuinely, and I mean this, if he appoints Lee McCulloch or Billy Brown into his backroom, I'll no be back until they're away. We're a fucking laughing stock AGAIN. well done Rovers, top fucking job.

This.  

I am of a similar mind, not a happy clapper, try to stay positive, objective etc....but THIS appointment!!

Unless the team hits the ground"running" things could go tits up very quickly.

The Board have really taken a huge risk with this guy.