The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm not keen on Smith either but he would be 10 times more appealing than Locke.

This. Not defending Smith, but Locke is probably one of the most 'embarrassing' managers to appoint. He'd probably slot in between appointing Bomber Brown and Ally McCoist.

Listen to this interview with John Hughes, especially the bit at the end about his affection for Rovers.

Bear in mind he's pretty much forced the ICT board to sack him as he wants a budget much bigger than what he has

This. Not defending Smith, but Locke is probably one of the most 'embarrassing' managers to appoint. He'd probably slot in between appointing Bomber Brown and Ally McCoist.

Barry Smith mentioned, Ludo appears. Its like clockwork  :lol:

Gary Locke.  :lol:

We won't appoint Gary Locke. McBookie are floundering about in the dark, like the rest of us. They change the odds based on an a couple of bets here and there.

Yeah I would struggle to motivate myself to get along to a match if we appointed Locke. As you say he's very much the Hearts version of McCoist.

Barry Smith mentioned, Ludo appears. Its like clockwork :lol:

And? Sorry for getting involved in conversations on a public football forum about people that used to represent my football club... Edited by Ludo *1

Matt Elder just tweeted that Gary Locke interviewed today

So fucking much for quality. Inevitable that he'd get a hearing, but I can't imagine the board, having dealt with McKinnon for a year would look at Locke and think "yes there's the natural continuation, his inability to put two words together, brutally primitive football and track record of abject failure is just what we need"