The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hope not. His team were the lowest scoring team in League One - just 40 goals in 36 games.

But they only conceded 44, which was the second best defensive record behind the Pars.  All on the smallest budget in the league too (Cowden perhaps push them for that title but at least second smallest).

This may sound bitter but I assure you it's not...

Stevie done what was asked of him last season and for that I have no complaints. There were however a number of concerns for myself, and numerous others throughout the season. Most notably our away form which was the worst in the league. I believe from Christmas onwards we only scored a singular goal away from home (last day against Alloa), it really was attrocious stuff and I started to grudge paying the money to travel.

I absolutely commend him for keeping us in the league but I said to a couple of my mates a few weeks ago that big improvements are required for this season. A lot of very negative tactics and baffling line ups/formations last season. There was also a tendancy to shoe horn his favourites into the squad desite poor form and having better options available.

Without the 9 points from St Mirren and 6 from Hibs we would've been in big trouble. I'm not saying we didn't deserve those results but at times I can't help but feel we rode our luck a bit.

I'd be delighted for Stevie to stay with us but I think that's more to do with not wanting to go through the whole process of having to find someone else. I also like the idea of continuity and I'm keen to see if he can build on last season.

I do however believe he will learn from the above mistakes but just like if he was to stay with ourselves, if he joins Raith he needs to make some big improvements. He certainly wont get away with approaching games in the same negative fashion he does with ourselves.

Any idea who the other candidates are?

If the rumour mill is to be believed then Thursday is only when the other half of the interviews are being done.

That being the case a board meeting late Thursday or on Friday to decide on which one.

New manager and BoD/chairman to discuss small print contract details over the weekend and officially rolled out to the press (except for those cnuts at the Courier) on Monday so we can read all about his plans in the FFP on Thursday.

Or quite possibly none of the above.

I'm going with definitely none of the above  ;)

Stevie done what was asked of him last season and for that I have no complaints. There were however a number of concerns for myself, and numerous others throughout the season. Most notably our away form which was the worst in the league. I believe from Christmas onwards we only scored a singular goal away from home (last day against Alloa), it really was attrocious stuff and I started to grudge paying the money to travel.

I absolutely commend him for keeping us in the league but I said to a couple of my mates a few weeks ago that big improvements are required for this season. A lot of very negative tactics and baffling line ups/formations last season. There was also a tendancy to shoe horn his favourites into the squad desite poor form and having better options available.

Without the 9 points from St Mirren and 6 from Hibs we would've been in big trouble. I'm not saying we didn't deserve those results but at times I can't help but feel we rode our luck a bit.

I'd be delighted for Stevie to stay with us but I think that's more to do with not wanting to go through the whole process of having to find someone else. I also like the idea of continuity and I'm keen to see if he can build on last season.

I do however believe he will learn from the above mistakes but just like if he was to stay with ourselves, if he joins Raith he needs to make some big improvements. He certainly wont get away with approaching games in the same negative fashion he does with ourselves.

Any idea who the other candidates are?

Gary Naysmith will be one of them. Darren Young another. That's as far as that goes on who I think will have been interviewed. Another few guesses is Alec Cleland, Barry Smith and Stevie Crawford but they are just downright guesses.

Matthew Elder has tweeted:

Quality names in the frame. The latest on Rovers' search for a new manager in tomorrow's FFP.

Quality names? Interesting. Wonder who have all been interviewed? What constitutes a quality name? McLovin? Edited by Scary Bear

Well i certainly havent seen any quality names being mentioned so far.

What constitutes as a quality name?? A name means nothing. Look at Van gaal. Jose last season. Look at Claudio being the fav to be the first sacked in the premiership.

A manager is only as good as the club and backroom staff.

Stevie done what was asked of him last season and for that I have no complaints. There were however a number of concerns for myself, and numerous others throughout the season. Most notably our away form which was the worst in the league. I believe from Christmas onwards we only scored a singular goal away from home (last day against Alloa), it really was attrocious stuff and I started to grudge paying the money to travel

His team dip in the winter, he will be right at home here