The New Raith Rovers Thread

There's talk on Dundee United Mad that Thompson wants the budget set at £400k.

That's a strange one, struggling with what ithe £400k actually means/represents.. 

I clearly recall when Rangers signed that guy from St Johnstone earlier in the season, McKinnon commented, "The £500,000 they paid for him is a 1/3rd more than my budget"

This was just before we played Rangers ar Stark's.

So, what is this £400k for? Is it simply £50,000 more than he has at Raith? Or is it pointless waffle? :lol:

Crawford was just naive at East Fife. The football on offer was attacking and most games finished 3-4!! He didn't know how to set up defensively but if he's learned that since leaving us then he could be excellent

Never forget his greety defence of Presley at one of our fans forums, embarrassing isn't a big enough word

Indeed. Let's all take a moment to remember highly rated youth coach John Potter's spell in charge of Dunfermline.

John McGlynn started as Youth Coach with Hearts, then First Team Coach, then Caretaker Manager.

2 different people on Twitter saying Mckinnons has knocked United back? Not wanting to get my hopes up yet until I hear from a reliable source( a statement from the club would do). Could still be a lot of sh*te..

Edit to add : that's the thirs person on twitter that I've seen that's said he's knocked them back now..

If that's true it saves us a headache.

Surely the reported 24 hours are up by now? Or was Thompson quiting his post on the spfl deflection from that?

I can't imagine there'd be a press release from either side if he decides not to take the United job. We're probably waiting on tomorrow's papers quoting 'club insiders'.

Presumably if he decides to stay he'll be on an extended contract, and we'll get an announcement for that, but possibly not for a few days.

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

Why would he need to resign if a fee has been agreed and hes been allowed to talk to du? Managers normally only 'resign' when their trying to force a move.

Aye, thought that was weird, still the boy might just be mixin his language up. Doesn't mean he isn't offski.

Did anyone really think he would be staying?

No but the longer it went on, you never know.

Anyway, I hope that's a bad choice of words by STV, as if he's resigned then we can kiss good-bye to the compo fee. You don't resign to move clubs, so I hope that's not the case or he's screwed us over!

I'm in 2 minds. 1 I understand from a working point of view he is moving to a job that will pay more and give him more exposure and he also supports this team. But on the flip side he had us buying into his philosophy and I feel a little betrayed too. He has jumped ship so quickly into thisbuilding process without a thought for the fans and players alike. But hey that's football I suppose. I look forward to his statement