The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just because someone is a good coach that doesn't translate to good manager.

True, but I can think of one chap who, less than four years ago was putting guys through their coaching badges at the SFA. He turned out to be a not too bad manager.  ;)

A position he was going to have to resign from anyway, thanks to United's relegation. He's just spinning in the wind now, that latest statement is the epitome of 'word salad'.

Why? Does the SPFL board not cover all the leagues?

Worth bearing in mind even if Ray doesn't go to Dundee United he may well have offers from elsewhere.

United are a complete shambles at the moment and if it wasn't Ray's team I don't think he'd touch them with a barge pole - imagine you were managing Montrose though and the Rovers asked you to step in after the Anelka debacle. You'd be hard pushed to say no..

Why? Does the SPFL board not cover all the leagues?

It has representatives from all leagues, and Thomson is a Premiership rep. He'd have to resign and reapply as a Championship one. I can't remember off hand how many each league gets, but Eric Drysdale is certainly one (the only one?) for the Championship at the moment.

Can't remember this, probably didn't happen.

Should try come and live in the present day, allots changed since 2012.

You're not sure, why Dundee Utd having the second lowest full time budget in Scotland is bollocks? Even with the servicing of the debt they're likely to have double your crowds on more expensive tickets with parachute payments. The budget they have will undoubtedly be slashed but it will dwarf whatever budget Raith have and exceed all in the division barring maybe Hibs.

With most of the squad leaving he shouldn't have many players weighing the club down on massive contracts, he'll be able to bring in his own players on a budget exceeding that of his competitors, there's a good few youth players there with decent potential aswell. Mcglynn wasn't a very good manager, that's probably the main reason why he flunked so badly at Hearts.

So as well as Maths, English also really isn't your strong point is it? A lot has...not allots. As well...not aswell. McGlynn...not Mcglynn.

I presume you know something more than everyone else and the financial experts taking about Utd doing all they can to avoid admin is just more "bollocks".

I bet it was you who put that horrendous banner half a mile away from Starks wasn't it?

It has representatives from all leagues, and Thomson is a Premiership rep. He'd have to resign and reapply as a Championship one. I can't remember off hand how many each league gets, but Eric Drysdale is certainly one (the only one?) for the Championship at the moment.

The Premiership have 3, Champship have 2 and Leagues 1 and 2 have 1 between them.

Sure it was Mike Mulraney at Alloa who was the other rep.

Utd have a soft loan taken out of against Tannadice with the businessman, can't recall his name, also having a Standard Security registered for it. It was so Utd could get a £1.5m loan. Have to make an annual payment each February of around £365k.

And he's also taking out money owed to himself and his sister, both now with 6% interest.

Then there's the money 'owed' to other investors. Those aren't increasing nor have any interest set but there's money being taken out of the club whilst the money is still 'owed'.

GA Arena, for example.

2 different people on Twitter saying Mckinnons has knocked United back? Not wanting to get my hopes up yet until I hear from a reliable source( a statement from the club would do). Could still be a lot of sh*te..

Edit to add : that's the thirs person on twitter that I've seen that's said he's knocked them back now..

Edited by Rovers1992/1993