The New Raith Rovers Thread

There's no way DU will have possibly the same budget as Raith next season. That would put them conceivably 4th or 5th budget wise in the league? If McKinnon turns it down it wont be because of the budget being the same as Raiths.

Haven't you heard... We are significantly increasing our budget for next season so you better hope you win these playoffs

Cameron is a dud as manager. Crawford highly praised? Find me a coach in the Scottish game who isn't highly praised by fellow pros using a quick google!

Really hope McKinnon stays as there is f**k all out there if he goes.

Hope to f**k we don't go back to being Heart's bitch, taking any dud U20 player on loan.

Edited by Enigma

As much as I've a huge man crush on both Stevie Crawford and Colin Cameron I'm not sure either would be s wise choice as manager.

If they hadn't played for us they wouldn't even be mentioned.

Wonder what Hamed Sacko is up to these days?

Edited by Enigma

To get this right, Raith have(apparently) the lowest full time budget in Scotland any apparently Dundee Utd will be second bottom?

Calling Bollocks on that, with the parachute payment and the crowds they'll get they'll be in the top two.

Dundee United are clearly a shambles from top to bottom. I feel a lot more optimistic than I did a couple of days ago. Kudos to the board if they can convince Ray to stay.

If they do, they'll get my respect. Just hope Ray see's this, and not go in blindly

It could be career suicide for McKinnon. He has pretty good gig here and should hold out for a more suitable opportunity.

The fact he hasn't already gone gives us a bit of optimism but I hope this is resolved in the next day or two so we know where we stand.

Crawford highly praised? Find me a coach in the Scottish game who isn't highly praised by fellow pros using a quick google!

Really hope McKinnon stays....

It was the fact that fans slagged him off for his time at East Fife. However, I really don't think you'll find any manager in the Premiership who gets as much praise, if indeed any manager gets any praise at all if you google their name. 

Totally agree with you on the second point because it's going to be a long summer if we lose McKinnon.

Crawford highly praised? Find me a coach in the Scottish game who isn't highly praised by fellow pros using a quick google!

Indeed. Let's all take a moment to remember highly rated youth coach John Potter's spell in charge of Dunfermline.

To get this right, Raith have(apparently) the lowest full time budget in Scotland any apparently Dundee Utd will be second bottom?

Calling Bollocks on that, with the parachute payment and the crowds they'll get they'll be in the top two.

Sorry but I don't think I'll listen to any Pars fans giving an opinion on Scottish football finance...

Not sure why it would be "bollocks" anyway. They're not giving anyone new contracts, have told several players in contract to leave, made an operating loss of £800k last financial year, had to get a soft loan of £1.6m with security taken over Tannadice and Thompson has indicated he will no longer be putting any more money into the club. 

Having said all that, and as I've already said, I think McKinnon will still end up there but it's one hell of a challenge. Whenever heart overrules head I just look to John McGlynn who was basically sacked 8 months later after his dream appointment.

Indeed. Let's all take a moment to remember highly rated youth coach John Potter's spell in charge of Dunfermline.

Can't remember this, probably didn't happen.

Sorry but I don't think I'll listen to any Pars fans giving an opinion on Scottish football finance...

Not sure why it would be "bollocks" anyway. They're not giving anyone new contracts, have told several players in contract to leave, made an operating loss of £800k last financial year, had to get a soft loan of £1.6m with security taken over Tannadice and Thompson has indicated he will no longer be putting any more money into the club.

Having said all that, and as I've already said, I think McKinnon will still end up there but it's one hell of a challenge. Whenever heart overrules head I just look to John McGlynn who was basically sacked 8 months later after his dream appointment.

Should try come and live in the present day, allots changed since 2012.

You're not sure, why Dundee Utd having the second lowest full time budget in Scotland is bollocks? Even with the servicing of the debt they're likely to have double your crowds on more expensive tickets with parachute payments. The budget they have will undoubtedly be slashed but it will dwarf whatever budget Raith have and exceed all in the division barring maybe Hibs.

With most of the squad leaving he shouldn't have many players weighing the club down on massive contracts, he'll be able to bring in his own players on a budget exceeding that of his competitors, there's a good few youth players there with decent potential aswell. Mcglynn wasn't a very good manager, that's probably the main reason why he flunked so badly at Hearts.