The New Raith Rovers Thread

United will have to significantly cut back to cover their 'debt free' repayments with the 6% interest they're having to make.

Can you explain further please? Payments to whom? 6% for what? thanks.

Can you explain further please? Payments to whom? 6% for what? thanks.

Utd have a soft loan taken out of against Tannadice with the businessman, can't recall his name, also having a Standard Security registered for it. It was so Utd could get a £1.5m loan. Have to make an annual payment each February of around £365k.

Heard a rumour from a source and someone separately saying it on twitter...and it's only a rumour at this stage...that McKinnon has been told by Thompson that his budget will be much the same as ours next season but that he must get Utd into at least the playoffs or they can sack him.

We've apparently offered him a new 3 year deal with no such clause.

Now I can't confirm 100% is it's true or not, and if may turn out to be absolute shite, but it would explain the delay here and him suddenly considering his options.

Who's saying that on Twitter?

Sound like shite to me. The same budget as rovers, I very much doubt it.

It may turn out to be the case but hearing from 2 separate people is a bit strange. The players were told following the defeat at Dens last week to expect drastic cutbacks and I spoke to one player who said "by the sounds of it we're not going to have any money next season".

The Twitter thing was just a search I did last night. Not sure who it was but wasn't the same guy as my souce.

Daily mail is saying that although McKinnon is happy enough with the personal terms from United, the level of finance being offered to take United up is the sticking point

They are also saying we are looking at bringing in Stevie Crawford as manager if McKinnon goes.....

Edited by Geordie_Munrover

Daily mail is saying that although McKinnon is happy enough with the personal terms from United, the level of finance being offered to take United up is the sticking point

They are also saying we are looking at bringing in Stevie Crawford as manager if McKinnon goes.....

Still think the heart will overrule the head here and he'll end up there and I think he will ultimately regret that decision.

Crawford might be a very good shout but would be surprised if he left Hearts for us.

If McKinnon goes, then I seriously hope we're going with someone rather than Crawford. Didn't exactly do great at East Fife.

Exactly. The only reason I could see for taking him on would be to secure a few loans from Hearts.

The guy was sacked by East Fife.

Crawford is held in very high regard as a coach at Falkirk and Hearts. Don't assess him on his time as player manager at East Fife six years ago.

ETA Just google Stevie Crawford and you'll find nothing but praise.

Edited by Beachbum

If McKinnon goes, then I seriously hope we're going with someone rather than Crawford. Didn't exactly do great at East Fife.

A Crawford/Cameron/Dair dream team. That's what's required.

All these other clubs go for ex players. We need to return to the norm. Micky for Manager. In all seriousness I was thinking 'what about Micky' yesterday.

I think fans are too quick to slate prospective managers. I'd imagine managers are the same as players: poor with some clubs, good with others. Edited by Scary Bear

I think this isn't the right time for McKinnon to jump ship, Dundee Utd is a poison chalice. Not me being selfish. But he has a good job at Raith and under no real pressure. Once Utd are on a level field financially then maybe he should consider it. Using fan power as we did before should convince Ray his future lies at Starks for at least another season, then assess the situation at DU. But I might be talking sheeiite.

I think this isn't the right time for McKinnon to jump ship, Dundee Utd is a poison chalice. Not me being selfish. But he has a good job at Raith and under no real pressure. Once Utd are on a level field financially then maybe he should consider it. Using fan power as we did before should convince Ray his future lies at Starks for at least another season, then assess the situation at DU. But I might be talking sheeiite.

I suppose we'll know by tonight, but I'm now just wanting it over and done with. Let him go, there's no point of having a man in charge that would spend the whole of next season with the "what if" scenario going on in his head. We could really do without that.

I suppose we'll know by tonight, but I'm now just wanting it over and done with. Let him go, there's no point of having a man in charge that would spend the whole of next season with the "what if" scenario going on in his head. We could really do without that.

There's also the "what the f**k have I done" scenario. If the guy has any sense he'll finish what he started. Just saying.

It's very much a heart over head case for Ray. While we don't have the support that they do, they've been financially reliant on player sales and our board have consistently backed Ray by funding our second half of the season via third parties. I'd still be delighted if Ray said no and decided to sign a new deal with us. We'll just wait and see.

If he does end up committing himself to us for another season you would like to think that it would help ticket sales even more....if he shows belief in the club then surely more people will back him and we can have a real go next season.

Edited by Geordie_Munrover

The fact it's taking so long is obviously a good thing for us. Would be utterly delirious if he ended up signing a new deal with us. Come on Ray, do what's right. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

There's no way DU will have possibly the same budget as Raith next season. That would put them conceivably 4th or 5th budget wise in the league? If McKinnon turns it down it wont be because of the budget being the same as Raiths.