The New Raith Rovers Thread

Remember when John Daly signed, hibs came in throwing him more money at him but because he had shook McKinnon's hand he honoured his agreement !! Hope McKinnon honours his agreement with the board and the players he re signed and completes his plan for next season !

He'll do a job at your level. Clearly wasn't favoured by McKinnon. Thought he'd be a decent signing for us but never really produced the goods. A certain poster on here will be happy he's away :P

I really liked McCord, just a pity he wasn't quick enough, once got the ball he knew where to place it.

There is no harm what so evere in any football manager talking with other clubs to see whats on offer, the only issue is the press, automatically make a mountainnout of a mole hill, its no differant to any joe bloggs working for one company but wanting to discuss job prospects with another company, the only differance to it is football is in the public eye more so deemed totally differant however raith just pay rays wages it is a job at the end of the day, more fool us for thinking it is otherwise.!

I hope this is ray just showing his ambition to our board considering all the gumph weve been told about another season with an even lower budget, im hoping ray going to talk to united he has been offered hee haw more than what the rovers board will offer him to stay.

I really believe we could do something next season with a few new tweaks, we had a couple of passengers this season who were a waste of a wage and a jersey, id rather see longridge connolly hardie panniyouto signed on for next season than anderson petrie mccord thats for sure.

Good on ray for putting himself in the shop window and prove he is very ambitious to go places but lets see where he can take us first! Personally i dont think united is a great position for ray to move too, sinking ship and fast in my opinion especially if thomson sells up.

Remember when John Daly signed, hibs came in throwing him more money at him but because he had shook McKinnon's hand he honoured his agreement !! Hope McKinnon honours his agreement with the board and the players he re signed and completes his plan for next season !

Absolutely this ^^^

There is no harm what so evere in any football manager talking with other clubs to see whats on offer, 

There is when he still has a year of his contract remaining and we are in the midst of our biggest games for 4 or 5 years.

He'll do a job at your level. Clearly wasn't favoured by McKinnon. Thought he'd be a decent signing for us but never really produced the goods. A certain poster on here will be happy he's away :P

:lol: I'm f*ckin ecstatic he's away. Laziest footballer I've seen in a long time.

:lol: I'm f*ckin ecstatic he's away. Laziest footballer I've seen in a long time.

Clearly it didn't work out for him, but I think you're confusing laziness with a lack of pace. I've not seen anything to suggest McCord didn't put the work in.

There are few things that annoy me more, at games, than people getting on the back of a player who's just been outpaced by someone who's faster than they are. I could put in all the effort in the world, I'm still not going to beat Usain Bolt over 100m. Sadly, for guys like McCord, and Mark Ferry before him, they're slower than the majority of players at this level.

It's not ideal, and it'll hold them back, but it's not their fault. It's like berating Aidan Connolly for not beating Marvin Andrews to a header.

Clearly it didn't work out for him, but I think you're confusing laziness with a lack of pace. I've not seen anything to suggest McCord didn't put the work in.

There are few things that annoy me more, at games, than people getting on the back of a player who's just been outpaced by someone who's faster than they are. I could put in all the effort in the world, I'm still not going to beat Usain Bolt over 100m. Sadly, for guys like McCord, and Mark Ferry before him, they're slower than the majority of players at this level.

It's not ideal, and it'll hold them back, but it's not their fault. It's like berating Aidan Connolly for not beating Marvin Andrews to a header.

The guy was going on and on about how much time he was spending in the gym working his socks off to get fitter etc. He never did, so yes there was a lack of effort there. Or he was spending double the amount of time at Nando's with his mate Spence. He looked more unfit everytime we saw him this season. He's taken a years wage off us for f*ck all, when I was quite excited about him signing for us last summer. So of course I'm going to be over the moon about him dropping down two divisions. It's what he deserves. I'm not saying he should be be challenging usain bolt in a foot race. But to be constantly the unfittest player on the park every game including when we're playing part-time teams says it all. I'm not saying he doesn't have the ability, he has bags of it. He needs to put the effort in off the park though if he wants to continue playing professional football.

Away, McCord was a pie

The guy was going on and on about how much time he was spending in the gym working his socks off to get fitter etc. He never did, so yes there was a lack of effort there. Or he was spending double the amount of time at Nando's with his mate Spence. He looked more unfit everytime we saw him this season. He's taken a years wage off us for f*ck all, when I was quite excited about him signing for us last summer. So of course I'm going to be over the moon about him dropping down two divisions. It's what he deserves. I'm not saying he should be be challenging usain bolt in a foot race. But to be constantly the unfittest player on the park every game including when we're playing part-time teams says it all. I'm not saying he doesn't have the ability, he has bags of it. He needs to put the effort in off the park though if he wants to continue playing professional football.

THIS.

Czaba Lazlo and John Collins are allegedly in the frame for the Dundee Utd job as well. Would take the former if they do go with McKinnon.

Really, I thought McKinnon was their one and only?