The New Raith Rovers Thread

I dont think any fan should be writing off any player at this stage. Lets get 2/3 friendlies out the way first then make judgement.

The two times i have seen Hill tade and smith they have shown potential. Maybe John McGlynn feels he can bring out that full potential.

Like Marv, Grant is coming to the end of his career. Both are coming up to 34, so i would prefer a younger guy who could build his way into the squad on a long term basis rather than possibly offer us just one season.

Personally i think Hill and Pelosi have something to offer us.

This idea of loan signings for strikers is a concern for me. We need a couple of strikers on the books who are not short term fixes.

Your posts on here seem to be at odds with the ones on Fandango Talk

Let's remember it's only last year that Marv agreed to cancel his contract while injured because the club couldn't afford it - the man is a legend and owes us nothing. And no we can't run the club on sentiment (nor are we doing) but for fans to be getting narky with him now is a bit rich. If McGlynn has a problem with it, he's quite capable of dealing with it as he sees fit.

Spot on.

if Dougie Hill is indeed training and also a signing target then our stay in the 1st will be very brief :(

Spot on.

I thought we were going to be a little weaker than how we went into the last quarter of last season, but you could argue we've lost our three best players, and replaced them with... well, er, nobody.

We normaly go down the route of same colour tops and shorts, as it saves on doing a colured load and white load for the washing. Saves money and water, I understand we also use a low heat wash and eco friendly detergent

Raith Rovers the eco warriors.

:lol:

To be honest I think McGlynn knows we have a pishy squad. I think our season may really start after January when we get a few more additions....which may be too late, but might just save our asses in time.

After a slight change in perspective (possibly due to the consumption of chocolate Ice Cream) I'm quite happy with the squad.

We might get relegated but by f**k we'll do it playing attacking football.

So far we have 8 players who are all about the forward thrusts;

Wilson

Sloan

Simmons

Smith

Williamson

Ferry

Tade

Weir

Good stuff.

Pelosi isn't training with us.

Isn't currently or hasn't at any stage?

See D-Jay's post at 03:02 this morning, he sounded like he knew what he was talking about (though I appreciate that doesn't mean anything on p&b).

I'd make sure you get a patent for that; attacking football with no-one capable of scoring goals is a new one on me! :P

Pedantic fucker. In baldy we trust. Don't ruin my Ice Cream buzz!

:angry:

Edited by lzreid

After a slight change in perspective (possibly due to the consumption of chocolate Ice Cream) I'm quite happy with the squad.

We might get relegated but by f**k we'll do it playing attacking football.

So far we have 8 players who are all about the forward thrusts;

Wilson

Sloan

Simmons

Smith

Williamson

Ferry

Tade

Weir

Good stuff.

Is anyone there actually a proven goalscorer in this division?

Wilson won't score you goals, Williamson will put in a shit load of effort but will get at most 7 goals, Simmons is proven to be awful in this division and even then how many did he score in the second?

Tade won't get your goals either, the players you've mention arn't even that good going forward so attacking football..nah.

You will not be an attacking force in this division your best chance is to ty and build from the back, and without Marv your defence just looks much weaker and the chances of getting anyone near as good are slim..

Relegation is a very real possibility unless McGlyn pulls something out the hat.

Isn't currently or hasn't at any stage?

See D-Jay's post at 03:02 this morning, he sounded like he knew what he was talking about (though I appreciate that doesn't mean anything on p&b).

He has trained once. Robert Sloan is also injured.

Wilson won't score you goals, Williamson will put in a shit load of effort but will get at most 7 goals, Simmons is proven to be awful in this division and even then how many did he score in the second?

Tade won't get your goals either, the players you've mention arn't even that good going forward so attacking football..nah.

You will not be an attacking force in this division your best chance is to ty and build from the back, and without Marv your defence just looks much weaker and the chances of getting anyone near as good are slim..

Relegation is a very real possibility unless McGlyn pulls something out the hat.

You. f**k off.

He has trained once. Robert Sloan is also injured.

You. f**k off.

Pedantic fucker. In baldy we trust. Don't ruin my Ice Cream buzz!

:angry:

Should have shared then! :(

No. The squad is almost entirely unproven and I expect us to be relegated.

In all seriousness though, there are plenty of players in the squad who will get the ball in the box. If the gaffer signs someone who can put away 10 - 15 of those chances than we'll be fine going forward (for survival's sake anyway).

A decent CB and hideously good luck with injuries/suspensions and we'll not be far off survival.

Me!? Whit have I done. I'm only the messenger :(

Tons of people have shot the messenger before and I'll be the next one to do so.

Now, tell me it's a mild calf strain. Please.

Tons of people have shot the messenger before and I'll be the next one to do so.

Now, tell me it's a mild calf strain. Please.

It is indeed a calf strain, however the severity is slighty more. When I spoke to my mate about it 4 days ago, he said that he had trained once out of 14 sessions so far, and i don't think he will have trained since that, so that's now one out of 17 or 18.

Edited by Kutski