The New Raith Rovers Thread

We should have got a lot more points than that. IIRC we were miles clear than managed to lose 5 or 6 in a row near the end of the season before beating Brechin City to win at the last home game. I remember this clearly as this was the only game I could make for the last couple of months of the season and I was half hoping they would keep on losing so that I could be there the day they won the title.

The collapae coincided with the loss of keeper Raul Ojeda IIRC

I remember we took about 1400 fans up to Brechin for Scott Thomson to break our hearts with a great performance.

According to Wikipedia our average attendance that season was 1,930. Much more than we typically get for a game these days.

What's the story with the play-offs and bookings accrued in them? E.g. a player is on five bookings, gets booked in the first-leg of the play-off QF. Does he miss any matches in the play-offs themselves, are suspensions carried onto next season, or is no notice paid? Same question for rec cards, I suppose.

In a sensible world yellow cards shouldn't matter as they're 'over and above' the number of matches most teams play. But this is the SPFL so I'd be curious if anybody knew.

Playoffs are normal league matches and suspensions apply and accrue accordingly.

Red cards will always mean an immediate next game suspension. Two if its for violent conduct or serious foul play, three if its the second one of the season etc.

Yellow cards - You get a one match ban 14 days after your 6th booking, a two match ban 14 days after your 12th booking, etc. Its all date driven. I havent checked the playoff schedule recently (we're not in them :-( ) but as noted anyone gets their 6th booking this Saturday 16th will miss the last league game on May 1st. Anyone who gets their 6th booking on Saturday 23rd will get a one match ban from May 7th which means they could play the 1st leg of 1st playoff game as it is before then but they would miss the second leg. 6th booking on May 1st not suspended until May 15th. As I say havent looked at the schedule so dont know where that sits in playoff terms. Same applies through the playoffs so 6th booking in 1st leg of q-f means a suspension 14 days later wherever that falls. If you are already out player starts next season suspended from opening league game.

Hope that makes sense.

If Soccerbase is to be trusted, here is a list of bookings.

http://www.soccerbase.com/tournaments/tournament.sd?comp_id=13

I wouldnt trust Soccerbase if it told me today was Sunday. Its a decent source of info but its riddled with errors and missing games.

I can see two errors straight away in their list. Kyle Jacobs has been booked 10 times in the league not 9. Andy Dowie has only five, not six. He has been hovering in the edge if suspension for weeks. Anyway the important thing is who do you have on 5 or 4 bookings.

Bookings in this order.

Yellows,  Reds.

Toshney - 8-0

Benedictus - 6-2

Callachan - 6-0

Davidson - 6-0

McCord - 5-0

Thomson - 4-0

McKeown - 4-0

Robertson - 3-0

Bates - 2-0

Matthews - 2-0

Longridge - 2-0

Barr - 2-0

Anderson - 1-1

Cuthbert - 1-0

Craigen - 1-0

Stewart - 1-0

Hardie - 1-0

Thomas - 1-0

Panayiotu - 1-0

I have left out players no longer at the club.

Bookings in this order.

Yellows, Reds.

Toshney - 8-0

Benedictus - 6-2

Callachan - 6-0

Davidson - 6-0

McCord - 5-0

Thomson - 4-0

McKeown - 4-0

Robertson - 3-0

Bates - 2-0

Matthews - 2-0

Longridge - 2-0

Barr - 2-0

Anderson - 1-1

Cuthbert - 1-0

Craigen - 1-0

Stewart - 1-0

Hardie - 1-0

Thomas - 1-0

Panayiotu - 1-0

I have left out players no longer at the club.

So if this is correct only McCord, Thomson and McKeown are under real threat of suspension. If either of Thomson or McKeown missed out through suspension it would be a nightmare.

So if this is correct only McCord, Thomson and McKeown are under real threat of suspension. If either of Thomson or McKeown missed out through suspension it would be a nightmare.

I parked my Sunday night libation to research that, have a fucking word with yourself.

We should have got a lot more points than that. IIRC we were miles clear than managed to lose 5 or 6 in a row near the end of the season before beating Brechin City to win at the last home game. I remember this clearly as this was the only game I could make for the last couple of months of the season and I was half hoping they would keep on losing so that I could be there the day they won the title.

That game was my first ever Rovers match. Can still remember Andy Smith's goal. 

Surely they will go out in the second half next week and take one for the team

There's only one more opportunity left to pick up a booking. So only McCord would have the option, and he's hardly playing anyway.

So long as McKeown and Thomson aren't booked twice between now and the second leg of the QF it should be fine. And I suppose bookings in the play-offs themselves are only relevant if we go to the final.

McKinnon should be telling them not to risk it in the remaining league matches as we really do have nobody close to their level to replace them.

McCord on 5 bookings is quite amusing given his style of play, but then Toshney did say he's an angry man.

Thomson makes me more nervous if I'm honest, even though we do have players who could slot in at RB. He is prone to getting booked and has probably only not been suspended due to being injured. Absolutely no idea who would replace McKeown, right enough.

McCord on 5 bookings is quite amusing given his style of play, but then Toshney did say he's an angry man.

Thomson makes me more nervous if I'm honest, even though we do have players who could slot in at RB. He is prone to getting booked and has probably only not been suspended due to being injured. Absolutely no idea who would replace McKeown, right enough.

Is there not some kind of wiping of the cards or increasing the amount needed? 6 bookings over 36 games (or up to 42 if playoffs included) seems extremely harsh for a suspension.

I'm sure in England 5 yellows up until 31st December gets you a ban. From 1st January the amount needed goes up to 10 but only until the middle of April after which it increases again to 15 until the end of the season.

Is there not some kind of wiping of the cards or increasing the amount needed? 6 bookings over 36 games (or up to 42 if playoffs included) seems extremely harsh for a suspension.

I'm sure in England 5 yellows up until 31st December gets you a ban. From 1st January the amount needed goes up to 10 but only until the middle of April after which it increases again to 15 until the end of the season.

I don't think so, unfortunately.

It's still better than the previous points system, which was a complete minefield depending on the nature of your booking. I remember Craig Wilson getting 7 bookings and not getting banned during his ridiculously long appearance streak.