The New Raith Rovers Thread

Pretty much of all these results have been achieved without Robertson.

I doubt this is a coincidence.

It might be, how many games did Robertson play behind the new improved front line, one? Two?

He's not been great, but he's had a few decent games (the last one he played, first Hibs at home game, Dumbarton away). Callachan was raving about the guy in training, and in all his off the ball movement and how it helped him (Callachan). The guy does have bags of talent, and that one game he got to play behind the Hardie/Stewart combination, his eye for the ball in behind was good. Given he's played much of his time at the Rovers with the dynamic duo up front of Daly and Wighton, is it any wonder we haven't seen the best of him, with so little movement in front of him?

it seems likely that next year we'll be going with a central midfield options of Callachan, Robertson, Davidson, Toshney and Matthews. For all we've played Toshney as a centre back he's been excellent (bar one game) in the middle of the park, so not a bad set of options to have.

100% agree with Renton there. Robertson has shown he has quality! And it's clear to see his off the ball work rate is excellent. And also echoing the fact we had Daly up top didn't help him at all. I personally think in our current XI he'd thrive off the movement he's got in front off him (Connelly/Longridge/Harry P/Hardie).

Everyone that's signed up for next season, I'm pretty happy about. I think now, Cuthbert & McKeown should be the priorities. I'd like Barr and Connelly to sign on also, but truth be told I think the later will be offskie unfortunately.

Slight change in topic, the last game of the season has been moved to the Sunday - absolute nonsense!! Was looking forward to a few pints on the Saturday. Now since it's a Sunday, I'll need to drive to it (if I still go that is). Surely the playoff dates will be moved? If not that'll be 3 games in 6 days...

100% agree with Renton there. Robertson has shown he has quality! And it's clear to see his off the ball work rate is excellent. And also echoing the fact we had Daly up top didn't help him at all. I personally think in our current XI he'd thrive off the movement he's got in front off him (Connelly/Longridge/Harry P/Hardie).

Everyone that's signed up for next season, I'm pretty happy about. I think now, Cuthbert & McKeown should be the priorities. I'd like Barr and Connelly to sign on also, but truth be told I think the later will be offskie unfortunately.

Slight change in topic, the last game of the season has been moved to the Sunday - absolute nonsense!! Was looking forward to a few pints on the Saturday. Now since it's a Sunday, I'll need to drive to it (if I still go that is). Surely the playoff dates will be moved? If not that'll be 3 games in 6 days...

About the play off dates... They won't be moved and yes that causes a problem for teams that are involved. BUT it may actually be an advantage for the Rovers. If second place is still to be decided Hibs and Falkirk will both have to play their strongest team. We will be well in the play offs so I would predict will play an almost entirely different XI from the one that will start the game on the Wednesday. Thinking along the lines of Bates, Anderson, McCord, Mathews, Thomas, and perhaps one or two from the youth team. Allowing us to rest our team may give us the edge in the first tie! Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

McKeown, Cuthbert, Barr and Connoly signing up would be great but suspect we'll lose a few of them.

I'm another who would be sad to see Grant Anderdon go, but pretty much inevitable. He contributed well on Saturday when he came on and played a huge part in the equaliser. Will always fondly remember his winner at Easter Road in the cup and his great run to help set up Nade's winning goal at Ibrox in the cup.

McKeown, Cuthbert, Barr and Connoly signing up would be great but suspect we'll lose a few of them.

I'm another who would be sad to see Grant Anderdon go, but pretty much inevitable. He contributed well on Saturday when he came on and played a huge part in the equaliser. Will always fondly remember his winner at Easter Road in the cup and his great run to help set up Nade's winning goal at Ibrox in the cup.

I think its important to have guys like Anderson round the club.  He obviously fucking loves the Rovers.  Theres been a few times this season he has been on the bench, and all 3 subs have been used, and he is still behind the goals "warming up" and going mad when the team scores/encouraging the players etc.

With a good pre-season behind him, I reckon Robertson might well do a Cuthbert and be immense next season.

Happy with Davo re-signing as well.

I'm not going to critique him though as only God can judge him and I'm not God.

Loved that.

Pretty much of all these results have been achieved without Robertson.

I doubt this is a coincidence.

That's very true however Ray still seems him as required therefore there must be a reason behind it.

The form has also coincided with the signings of Connelly, Hardie and Harry as well as the return of Barr, not just the absence of Robertson.

Getting very much ahead of myself here but could this team compete every week in the top flight? That's the thing about signing everyone up so early..... What if we go up......

Probably not.Looks like we are building a squad for another season in the championship

On Robertson re signing,not convinced.Been disappointed in him and expected much more.Would much rather we took a chance on offering Barr some sort of a deal,yes a risk in terms of his injury history but on Robertsons performances since he came in its equally a risk re signing him if he performs the same next season

With a good pre-season behind him, I reckon Robertson might well do a Cuthbert and be immense next season.

Happy with Davo re-signing as well.

I'm not going to critique him though as only God can judge him and I'm not God.

What about those lads in the court?

Robertson should have been a lot more influential than he has been. The guy was a quality player but just hasn't done it for us yet. The big question is can Ray get him back to being a stand-out player again?

Regarding Robertson, I've had his injury - the torn adductor muscle. I can tell you it's bloody painful and prevents all twisting and turning in the early stages. Who knows, he might do a Brian Graham and come out of it all the stronger.