The New Raith Rovers Thread

With the kind of injury he's recovering from the clubs done the right thing with just a one year deal

I disagree. He's young enough to recover from it fully. He's also unlikely to be on massive wages. It would be a gamble but a gamble I would have taken.

I disagree. He's young enough to recover from it fully. He's also unlikely to be on massive wages. It would be a gamble but a gamble I would have taken.

Nobody disagreeing that he's young enough to recover from it fully and hopefully that's t he case but there is always the other scenario.Theres nothing to say he comes back the same player

We,ve been stung with other players eg .Barr so think the club has got this one right

Hopefully it's a one year deal with the option of a second if he makes a certain amount of appearances. Would make sense given his injury.

Having all these players signed up already and others with offers on the table shows the difference between McKinnon and Murray. Also shows the fans he's keen to progress the club and should therefore encourage early season ticket sales for next season.

Hopefully it's a one year deal with the option of a second if he makes a certain amount of appearances. Would make sense given his injury.

Having all these players signed up already and others with offers on the table shows the difference between McKinnon and Murray. Also shows the fans he's keen to progress the club and should therefore encourage early season ticket sales for next season.

It is. I've posted as much already ????

It's best for both parties at this time. He has the security of two years if needed depending on games played next season if he plays then he will sign. If someone such as Hibs come calling we will be due money because the contract is on offer for him to turn down.

Edited by bambino7

Craig Wighton starting tonight at celtic park. Fully expect him to be another Barry Mackay and turn into a player after not even trying with us.

He's only playing as Hartley is doing what McKinnon did last night e.g. acknowledging it's unlikely we'll get a result so resting some players ahead of a bigger match at the weekend.

Good luck to him all the same.

He's only playing as Hartley is doing what McKinnon did last night e.g. acknowledging it's unlikely we'll get a result so resting some players ahead of a bigger match at the weekend.

Good luck to him all the same.

It was strange, when Wighton came on against us during the 5-0 at Dens last week he looked a different player to the lost kid you guys had.

He played in behind the strikers and his distribution was sublime at times. Looked very handy with the ball at his feet too. Am I right in thinking you deployed him mainly as a striker?

I know that he was playing against dross like us, and the game was already won, but he really did look as if he could live up to the Dees hype.

Contractual stuff is generally more down to the board. But I'm glad it's the direction we've taken.

(Wonder if all these contracts have a clause giving better deals in the unlikely event of us going up through the play-offs? Anyone know?)

For anyone interested...

The 200 Club is having it's annual quiz night on Friday 11th of March.

We have space for ten teams of four at the usual £10 per team and these will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.

There will be food provided and raffle prizes to be won, not forgetting the usual hilarity that surrounds these nights!

Submit your team by private messaging myself or come see us at the club.

For anyone interested...

The 200 Club is having it's annual quiz night on Friday 11th of March.

We have space for ten teams of four at the usual £10 per team and these will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.

There will be food provided and raffle prizes to be won, not forgetting the usual hilarity that surrounds these nights!

Submit your team by private messaging myself or come see us at the club.

Sent you a private message.

Where about is the news? I can't see anything on the Rovers Twitter or on Hardies?

I think Her name is Laura brannan.. Her Twitter.

She's a freelance reporter so it could be sh*te though which I'm going with until we announce the news at 6:30 tomorrow night.. :lol:

Edited by Rovers1992/1993