The New Raith Rovers Thread

I've noticed some accepted wisdom he's better out wide but I really don't see it myself. He was beyond woeful there against Rangers at home, and if we bemoan Anderson's lack of a final ball I'm not sure exactly what you would say about Stewart's. Hey ho.

Not sure if people are perhaps confusing Stewart playing wide with when he's up front and peels wide. He can be very effective then.

Edited by Paco

Guess Grant Anderson's days are very much numbered.

Think it was the recent Livi home game where Grant did his go-to move of bulleting down the right wing, only to put a cross right into the keepers arms.

Overall he's been a good player for us, but that move is really annoying. If he had a better final ball he'd be a great player.

Think it was the recent Livi home game where Grant did his go-to move of bulleting down the right wing, only to put a cross right into the keepers arms.

Overall he's been a good player for us, but that move is really annoying. If he had a better final ball he'd be a great player.

If he had a better final ball he wouldn't be gracing our hallowed turf. He's got the complete set of attributes otherwise: Strong, fast, direct, covers his full back well, decent shot when he get's a chance as well.

What goes against him is possibly the fact that he's not as versatile as other players. I imagine McKinnon will be moving heaven and earth to keep Connolly, which on the face of it would cover your 'right wing' - but in truth I think McKinnon wants a more fluid set of forward players - Connolly was allowed quite a free role to roam on saturday, and Stewart is often asked to drop wide during games (and Harry is adept at the Vaughan role of dropping deep) - what might hurt Anderson is the fact that he's pretty much a rigid 4-4-2 wide player, rather than someone who can play in a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 more effectively.

Still, I'd resign him, becuase he's a useful player to have - but at his age he might want more guarenteed starts, and he's struggled for those recently.

Morton fans have gone into meltdown mode on Twitter about Barr joining us. Judas, traitor. It's brilliant.

To be fair it does seem a bit daft on his part allowing it to be announced at this stage in the season. Morton fans who rate him will be understandably disappointed whether he's been offered a 2 year deal or not. Fair enough if he was getting a big move but it's to a team who are considered direct rivals and are roughly the same size.

Was quite surprised to see it announced so early, he's set himself up for a bit of stick IMO.

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14310472.Bobby_Barr_ready_to_beat_new_club_Raith_Rovers_to_play_off_spot/

Of course he's going to say that though. Looking forward to him playing for us next season though. Really hoping Ray can bring in some good quality over the summer to add to what he already has. Just need Vaughan to agree a new deal and we will be in decent enough shape!

I know it says 'new signing' but to the Rovers Twatter feed that probably means 'new contract' so get your bets in it being a current player signing a new deal.

If they've misrepresented it I shall be writing a strongly-worded letter to the board.

That'll learn them.

Edited by Michael W