The New Raith Rovers Thread

Where is that being reported?

I would much rather we brought through these guys to be first team players of our own but we do love making a fast buck if the likes of Hearts or Hibs comes calling.

Agreed.

The trouble with Davidson's versatility is that he isn't very good at playing either position. He is a liability at CB and will cost goals, and he sucks the life out of our midfield when he plays there with his poor passing selection and execution. See also dropping deep to within about 10 yards of the CBs and then passing them the ball.

He has stopped the rashness which has resulted in better positioning, but it has came at the expense of him now rarely challenging opponents. The defence previously offered was that this was OK because he challenged opponents, so in the absence of that what does he now offer? I don't see it.

Give him a few weeks at CB and then it's claimed he should be moved into midfield because he isn't a CB. Put him in midfield and give him a few weeks and suddenly he is better as a CB - the debate has never ended in both his spells here! There is a reason for that - he just isn't very good.

Davo is more than capable of playing for us next season again. Definitely improved his attitude and his positioning. His best performances this season for us have been while playing at the back that is for sure.

I wouldn't be concerned if he lined up next to Toshney on Saturday.

Not sure where all the critism of Craigen is coming from either. Granted he has been off the boil for a few games in a row but it's not his fault he's not been dropped.

Happy if we can get Cuthbert signed up for next season. Made some key stops in the last couple of games and confidence is growing. It's just a shame we haven't been able to continually play the same back 5 for the majority of the season.

Relatively optimistic for tomorrow's match, will be a tight affair. The Hibs result is pretty irrelevant as to which way this match will go. A point wouldn't be a bad result, but a win would be brilliant leading into the match at Ibrox this coming Tuesday.

Isn't Bobby Barr primarily right-sided?

I wondered about Alan Trouten, who also worked with McKinnon at Brechin. I always quite liked him but he must be getting on a bit now.

ETA: scrub that one, looks like Trouten has another year left on his deal at Ayr.

Edited by Yoss

£25k is a decent return considering he's played only a few minutes of football. If he progresses at Hibs then that's probably when we'll really benefit with the add-ons.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned out next season for experience as he won't displace Lewis just yet.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

I see Airdrie have poked Liam Watt out on loan as he's told them he's off in the summer. Strange considering he's arguably their best player.

Wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to think he's the guy we're bringing in, although I think he's predominantly a central player who can play left.

Mackie is a funny one. On one hand we'd like too see these guys come though, on the other we've got instant cash for somebody who has played hardly any senior football and could be a 'Steven Reynolds'. I'd like to think we've got a sell on clause so if he's decent and moves away we'll be laughing all the way to the bank. On balance is rather see these guys make our first team before we flog them.

I see Airdrie have poked Liam Watt out on loan as he's told them he's off in the summer. Strange considering he's arguably their best player.

Wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to think he's the guy we're bringing in, although I think he's predominantly a central player who can play left.

Aaahhh...he's got the Ferry syndrome which has also taken Craigen.

I'd like to think we've got a sell on clause so if he's decent and moves away we'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

From the official site:

Hibernian FC having met our valuation of the player in full, the club will receive an undisclosed, but very fair, initial transfer fee and will benefit further when Sean begins to progress his first team career with the Easter Road outfit. We would also be due a percentage of any future transfer fee received by Hibs, if Sean subsequently moves on.

Yes, he was.

My understanding was that Mitch knocked back a contract offer at Dumbarton before the end of the season because Grant Murray had offered him a pre-contract deal with us. When Murray got his jotters it was all up in the air, but the board honoured the deal and McKinnon (not having any forwards lined up anyway) agreed to it.

Technically you are right McKinnon was on-board by the time Megginson signed, but the way I see it he was never really McKinnons man.

I'd forgotten about #GaryGlenGate. Mind that flump from Facebook who kept insisting we were signing him, he was brilliantly odd.

:lol: The best part was, two months into the season he was getting ripped by everyone and he said Glen decided to choose Livi after signing due to negativity on social media. Tears and snotters everywhere.

:lol: The best part was, two months into the season he was getting ripped by everyone and he said Glen decided to choose Livi after signing due to negativity on social media. Tears and snotters everywhere.

Aye, I presumed he'd bid a quiet retreat when it was revealed he was completely wrong, but then he went and plucked that theory out the bag. An incredible twist.