The New Raith Rovers Thread

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/02/25/jason-thomson-and-iain-davidson-set-to-pen-new-raith-rovers-deals/?platform=hootsuite

Two year deal for Thomson, and Mckinnon is keen to get Cuthbert, Connolly and McKeown signed up for another year.

Also Iain Davidson due to a contract clause. :(

Nothing about a left-sided midfielder though.

"The Stark’s Park boss, who has lined up a wide-left midfielder on a pre-contract agreement"

IYMI

Longridge would be right up there with McKeown being unveiled as our 'exciting' signing a couple of years ago.

In fairness, after a slow start he's turned into an incredibly consistent performer for us.

In fairness, after a slow start he's turned into an incredibly consistent performer for us.

Yeah that wasn't meant as a criticism of McKeown. More that a left back with a long throw wouldn't really be the sort of signing you'd first think n of when you are promised an exciting new signing.

I reckon it'll be Barr. He described him at Morton's "star man" in the interview the other day, and he has been playing very well for Morton of late. As someone else mentioned, he was at Brechin with McKinnon as well.

Another ex-Livi midfielder. What could possibly go wrong? Sure to be a fans favourite.

Another ex-Livi midfielder. What could possibly go wrong? Sure to be a fans favourite.

If we keep signing them, one of them will turn out good.

In fairness, Barr has always been a good player but is inconsistent (as lower league wingers always are) and seemed to have a pretty shite attitude in the past. Seems he's screwed the nut at Morton, though.

He would be a good signing, though I'm not sure we will get him on a PCA. I'd imagine Morton are fairly keen to keep him, and we probably can't offer him much more than they can. Would be pleased to have my initial thoughts proved wrong.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/02/25/jason-thomson-and-iain-davidson-set-to-pen-new-raith-rovers-deals/?platform=hootsuite

Two year deal for Thomson, and Mckinnon is keen to get Cuthbert, Connolly and McKeown signed up for another year.

Also Iain Davidson due to a contract clause. :(

Nothing about a left-sided midfielder though.

Can't understand anyone thinking Davidson doesn't deserve a contract or isn't worth one. Has been a good signing IMO.

Can't understand anyone thinking Davidson doesn't deserve a contract or isn't worth one. Has been a good signing IMO.

I can't understand some of the recent criticism of Craigen, but there we are.

What qualities do you think Davidson brings to the team?

Edited by Michael W

Please don't laugh, but I'd like us to re-sign Barr. Dependant on his injury worries he'd be a pleasant headache for the manager to have. That's just me talking out loud.

I wouldn't say no to him staying on, but as I said previously I think his chance to earn a contract is likely based on Bene/Toshney suffering some misfortune.

Edit: £25k for Mackie. I don't think that's worth it.

Edited by Michael W

I wouldn't say no to him staying on, but as I said previously I think his chance to earn a contract is likely based on Bene/Toshney suffering some misfortune.

For a guy so young there's bound to be some add-ons/sell on clauses attached that may or may not activate as he goes through his career.

Well without him we would have been screwed at the back.

He brings flexibility and think we get a good 7 out of 10 from him every week whether in midfield or at the back. He's never gonna go on 30 yard runs or score a barrel load but I think he brings good experience and rigidness to the squad.

Where is that being reported?

I would much rather we brought through these guys to be first team players of our own but we do love making a fast buck if the likes of Hearts or Hibs comes calling.

Tbf to Davo I didn't wan him back either when we signed him but he has proved me wrong every time I've seen him so far this season. Like has been stated he's hardly a world beater but he was always a solid enough player at this level and he seems to be better positionally as well as the fact he isn't anywhere near as rash anymore, I'd like him to sign on again, that said if we have everyone fit and playing well I don't know if he makes it into our strongest 11.

I can't understand some of the recent criticism of Craigen, but there we are.

He brings experience and plays midfield or defence well enough for this league. He was a key player in the win over Livi last Saturday.

I think it's astonishing Davidson has reached his thirties and doesn't actually have a 'best' position. Most Rovers fans seem to think it's midfield as he's good for throwing away a goal every few games in defence, whereas Dundee pretty much shat themselves watching his 'range' of passing in midfield and made sure he was shackled to defence once John Brown got out the way. Puzzling.

We would've been screwed without his versatility this season, equally if we didn't have so many injuries I don't think he'd have played too often once Robertson signed.