The New Raith Rovers Thread

Megginson wasn't a McKinnon signing though was he? Petrie and McCord were gambles and McCord is he best of those being mentioned as failures (Craigen blows hot and cold but only the truly deluded would say he is a failure as a signing). Daly and Wighton didn't produce the goods but by far the biggest disappointment is Robertson who has the class but hasn't showed it for us.

Hopefully the pre contract signing will be a striker (why am I thinking it's Sutton?), having got Thomson (hopefully) we can resign McKeown (didn't think I'd be saying that last season!) and persuade Conolly to stay too. Imo that along with the 3 central defenders and Cal and Matthews in midfield Would be the makings of a fairly decent team.

Since I heard about the pre contract deal a few days ago, I've been thinking its Sutton ever since as well..

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/02/25/jason-thomson-and-iain-davidson-set-to-pen-new-raith-rovers-deals/?platform=hootsuite

Two year deal for Thomson, and Mckinnon is keen to get Cuthbert, Connolly and McKeown signed up for another year.

Also Iain Davidson due to a contract clause. :(

Nothing about a left-sided midfielder though.

Edited by Michael W

In the Courier McKinnon mentions the Thomson and Davidson deals and also says he has, or will be, offering new deals to Connolly, McKeown, Cuthbert and Vaughan. The wide left midfielder is expected to sign the pre-contract soon and McKinnon reckons if all of the above sign up he will have the basis of his side for next season. He also mentions that he will probably be looking for one further midfielder as well.