The New Raith Rovers Thread

I've only seen McBride twice (both in the play-offs) and it hadn't occurred to me he might be someone with having. And I'm always a bit suspicious of coloured boots.

Wouldn't read anything into that though, he's got a bit of pace and is younger than I realised. If McGlynn thinks he can make something of him that's fine by me. No one should expect him to be the finished article right away though.

Everybody raised an eyebrow when dougie hill was picked up last season from wee Alloa.

Darren smith certainl showed us sparks of flair but was never consistsnt enough unfortunatly..

I would like to hasten to add that for each Dougie Hill there is a Craig Winter.

Sad to see Darren go. His goal up at Dens in the first game gave me the belief we could go anywhere in the league and give teams a game. His shot at Pittodrie which hit the post almost wrote him into Raith folklore. Would have been a belter...fortunately oor Greg' did the part of scoring.

Ah well, I must have been thinking of someone else then.

We have Walker for free-kicks anyway so he'd be nothing more than back-up.

Hopefully the boy can improve our left side. Williamson is decent but Smith was better so it wouldn't be great if we were going to get weaker. I'll give the boy a good shot at it before critisising him, though (see my post after first friendly! ha), and proves to be another Dougie. McGlynn will surely get him on the right track to develop better.

Maybe this is a signing McGlynn hopes will come good in a couple of seasons when he has fully develeoped and we are going for promotion rather than a quick fix to our left side? Same with Dyer.

Edited by Lang Toun Lad

So I'd guess it's one more striker and then that's it. Would still like to see two strikers brought in, even if one is a loan, but I'll be content if we can bring in one of Smith or Deuchar. Besides, Weir can only have a better season than the one just gone so who knows!

On the subject of McGlynn's signing polciies, while undoubtedly correct that for every gem he's found, there is always Toorie Winter waiting in the wings, it's worth noting that he's become less hit and miss as the seasons have progressed, of the guys hes signed in the last two years, how many have left becuase they were abject failures, as opposed to those who were booted out previously. In Smith's case it's more or less a case of age and availability through injury that has made McG opt for Mcbride.

For goodness sake - the separation of the debt was not made by me! It happened during the period of rescue when John Sim came in. At present, that is still the case. The part of the debt that we can do something about is now less than 6 figures, which is attainable in the short term. Also, if this part of the debt is wiped out we are less likely to default on payments to the Allied Irish Bank.

I agree with you that a club without a ground is in a dangerous situation but as things stand there's not a lot we can do about it.

Seeing as you know so much about the debt and workings at SP,care to give us an update from the AGM last night seeing as it was only for the elite shareholders?

Righty gotta say the squad is shaping up a bit and i have every confidence in Mglynn's signings. Indeed i don't think Baird will be the answer to our goalscoring problems however i like the idea of our manager using his contacts to bring in loanees. It saves the club money and also wih the state our game is in it stops us paying out large amounts of wages over a season for an injured player which Raith cannot afford to shell out. Also using loanees we have chance to steady the boat and build up our squad piece by piece rather than racing into signing to fill gaps like a lot of other teams. We are going only 1 direction in my eyes and thats forward.

Has anybody else heard anything about Neil McCann being spotted at starks park?

No, I though he had retired! If this is indeed true perhaps McGlynn intends to add to the backroom staff?

The Chairman talks to the Courier

Not much new there, to be honest. Some stuff about the debt which isn't particularly exciting but will no doubt give some people something to complain about. I'm just happy that there's a plan!

I'm not complaining, I just want to know where in the article you saw a plan.