The New Raith Rovers Thread

Decent player at school but nothing spectactular, always thought David Muir who is now at East Fife was the best player from that age group.

This is true. Him and Stuart Cargill were always the two best, both now of east fife.

For your information the debt, Stark's Park and its rental aside, is hoped to be substantially less than six figures. This is not a 'guesstimate'. As for your 'do keep up' comment, grow up.

I can't understand how you can discuss the debt, but discount the largest part of it. The biggest problem we face is that we have one individual acting as guarantor to the stadium, should RRFC default on payments to the Allied IrishBank, the stadium for many clubs is their main means of securing their debt, we have no such luxury.

I am sure the board do hope the debt is substantially less than 6 figures.

In reality that is not the case, unless someone has been telling lies to companies house, and not declaring some of our income, thus defrauding the taxman.

*edited to say*

*Hi Eric, like the new username*

Edited by Whistle Blower

Courier says:

Meanwhile, Raith Rovers are understood to be keen to take United striker Kevin Smith back to Stark's Park next season. Smith has scored 22 times for the Kirkcaldy club during loan deals over the last two seasons.

Raith boss John McGlynn is believed to be interested in signing the 23-year-old for another loan spell or on a permanent basis.

Smith still has a year to run on his contract at Tannadice but United are not short of options in the striking department with David Goodwillie, Jon Daly, Francisco Sandaza, Damian Casalinuovo, Andis Shala and Johnny Russell also on their books.

Hardly much of a story but I doubt that he'll ever break into the first team, certainly not as a left winger, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it come true. Would probably expect Shala to follow on loan, as has been the intention since he got here.

Edited by Drunken Hobo

Courier says:

Hardly much of a story but I doubt that he'll ever break into the first team, certainly not as a left winger, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it come true. Would probably expect Shala to follow on loan, as has been the intention since he got here.

McGlynn was in our local rag last week saying he's looking to bring in either Smith or Deuchar. Wouldn't be too keen on a loan deal as we'd only be able to get him for three months, I think. Suppose we might go for Shala for the season and Smith for some of it, but would prefer to have Kev for the entire season. No chance of Dow, no?

In other Rovers news, Darren Smith is confirmed as leaving which surely means the rumours of McBride from Cowden are true. All the best to Daz, I liked him and would have kept him ahead of others still at the club, but McGlynn never really seemed to take to him. The average age of our squad is going to be really low this season! Only Murray, Campbell and Ellis are 30 or over.

Edited by Paco

In other Rovers news, Darren Smith is confirmed as leaving which surely means the rumours of McBride from Cowden are true. All the best to Daz, I liked him and would have kept him ahead of others still at the club, but McGlynn never really seemed to take to him. The average age of our squad is going to be really low this season! Only Murray, Campbell and Ellis are 30 or over.

Sad times, I rated Smith quite highly. He loved to get stuck in and had a good left foot on him.

Highlights was him pushing Barry Wilson into the corner flag down at Dumfries and his part to play in Casa's goal at East End in the 2-0 win.

He never looked 100% fit, but I would have kept him.

Sad times, I rated Smith quite highly. He loved to get stuck in and had a good left foot on him.

Highlights was him pushing Barry Wilson into the corner flag down at Dumfries and his part to play in Casa's goal at East End in the 2-0 win.

He never looked 100% fit, but I would have kept him.

I agree, on his day he could tear the arse off of most first division defenders, albeit more as an impact sub - he never seemed to have the engine to play as a first team regular, which is a shame as he had so much going for him. In addition to the two incidents you mention, we shouldn't forget his barnstorming performance against Dundee at our first home game - nor should his belter of a goal up at p'heid in the cup replay be forgotten. But for the fact that so few witnessed it - it would've been contender for goal of the season!

Edited by renton

I agree, on his day he could tear the arse off of most first division defenders, albeit more as an impact sub - he never seemed to have the engine to play as a first team regular, which is a shame as he had so much going for him. In addition to the two incidents you mention, we shouldn't forget his barnstorming performance against Dundee at our first home game - nor should his belter of a goal up at p'heid in the cup replay be forgotten. But for the fact that so few witnessed it - it would've been contender for goal of the season!

gutted to see him go, certainly would rather see him that Williamson on the left!

I'm also sad to see him go, although I think it's been obvious that McGlynn didn't really rate him that much and that his fitness hasn't been the best. I'd have liked to see him given another season, as I really did think he brought something to the team. He was pretty unlucky with injury too, so maybe his fitness would have been a bit better next season.

Him and Sloan were also the only players from last year's squad that were capable of crossing a ball. I hope McBride is capable of putting a decent cross over, or else we'll lose a bit of our attacking threat.

I'm also sad to see him go, although I think it's been obvious that McGlynn didn't really rate him that much and that his fitness hasn't been the best. I'd have liked to see him given another season, as I really did think he brought something to the team. He was pretty unlucky with injury too, so maybe his fitness would have been a bit better next season.

Him and Sloan were also the only players from last year's squad that were capable of crossing a ball. I hope McBride is capable of putting a decent cross over, or else we'll lose a bit of our attacking threat.

very sad if he does go, think mcglynn did actually rate him or why did he bring him here?

just sad that with all his injuries he has never really had the fitness, when he did get bk in the team he still needed match fitness and faded in almost every game.

hope if true mcbride is a similar type of player cause daz had alot o dig about him and was not affraid of gettin stuck in to the opposition.

McBride wont get stuck in but is very capable of putting in a good delivery. He needs time on the ball though which he wont get so much of in this league.

thats what i liked most about daz was his dig.

hopefully our midfield can create enough time and space for him to get goin.

I can't understand how you can discuss the debt, but discount the largest part of it. The biggest problem we face is that we have one individual acting as guarantor to the stadium, should RRFC default on payments to the Allied IrishBank, the stadium for many clubs is their main means of securing their debt, we have no such luxury.

I am sure the board do hope the debt is substantially less than 6 figures.

In reality that is not the case, unless someone has been telling lies to companies house, and not declaring some of our income, thus defrauding the taxman.

*edited to say*

*Hi Eric, like the new username*

For goodness sake - the separation of the debt was not made by me! It happened during the period of rescue when John Sim came in. At present, that is still the case. The part of the debt that we can do something about is now less than 6 figures, which is attainable in the short term. Also, if this part of the debt is wiped out we are less likely to default on payments to the Allied Irish Bank.

I agree with you that a club without a ground is in a dangerous situation but as things stand there's not a lot we can do about it.

I'll wait to see how he is now but I'm pretty underwhelmed.

Same really, although my gut feeling screams 'better option than Williamson'.

Like last season, all of our signings so far (with the exception of Baird and of course Murray the year before) have come from a lower level. It's always hard to try and gauge how these players will cope, although to McGlynn's credit, none of his signings last season were found wanting. I moaned a lot about Williamson, but even then he chipped in with a few goals.

I believe McBride can hit a decent free kick too, so that could be a wee bonus.

Never seen the guy play, but again, I'm sure McGlynn knows what he is doing. Sad to see Darren Smith go as well. He was a nippy player that put in a good cross. He was good at the start of the season, but I think ultimately fitness was the downfall for him.

At the end of the day we have signed a player who is 20 years old, who McGlynn can develop as a player, and letting go a player who is 30 and on his way out of football. It can only be a good thing. If we are to build as a club, we have to bring in these types of players on full time contracts.

I might get shot down for this as well, but why does everyone think Kevin Smith can be signed for 3 months only?? Smith was signed on an emergency loan last season, and therefore because he was over the age of 21 we could only have him for 3 months. If the loan deal goes through before the start of the season, I'm pretty sure we could have him for the season. No? I'm not completely in with the rules of loans and the like, but that was my take on it.

Oh and welcome to the Rovers Scott, better get some decent performances from the word go or you will be getting booed before you can say "hooked". :lol:

For goodness sake - the separation of the debt was not made by me! It happened during the period of rescue when John Sim came in. At present, that is still the case. The part of the debt that we can do something about is now less than 6 figures, which is attainable in the short term. Also, if this part of the debt is wiped out we are less likely to default on payments to the Allied Irish Bank.

I agree with you that a club without a ground is in a dangerous situation but as things stand there's not a lot we can do about it.

So you aren't talking about the debt of Starks Park Holdings, RRFC Ltd or RRFC holdings, but the debts of New Raith Rovers ?

In my simple world you can only discuss the debt associated to 'RRFC' if you include all of the above, otherwise its painting a false picture.

You were posting about the debt associated to our cousins along the road, and I am sure your figures would have included all debt, not just the debt 'they could do something about'.