The New Raith Rovers Thread

Danny Lennon took Scott McBride from Dunfermline on loan at the start of the season made it perainent in January after he had impressed, scored 8 goals this season. Strong pacy winger with a superb left foot and as prevously stated good in the air, a no nonsense attacking mid fielder. Will be sorely missed at CP if this is true.

I've got the feeling that the Drysdale money will go back into getting other corporate consulting, to take the club in a new direction, as for the cup run - it almost certianly all got spunked into the club debt, would like to think McG got some of it though.

I would like to think we put the cup money to good use in reducing the debt, by 25%.

I would like to think we put the cup money to good use in reducing the debt, by 25%.

Too true, however, if we made around £200,000 from the run (if we're lucky) culling even 10% of that for McG's wage budget would perhaps help significantly if we were looking to help tie up a, perhaps, more expensive target. You'd still get a debt reduction of 22.5% (assuming 200 grand as 25% of the debt, no proof of this, merely fag packet calculations based on your 25% figure and my pulling 200 grand out of the air).

While I am of the belief that the greatest reduction in debt as soon as possible regarding the club must be the first target, I'd also submit that some modest reinvestment of said money could help us move on a couple of places in the league, perhaps trigger another cup run, all ultimately leading to a quicker elimination of the debt.

Edited by renton

(assuming 200 grand as 25% of the debt, no proof of this, merely fag packet calculations based on your 25% figure and my pulling 200 grand out of the air).

From my understanding both figures are close to reality.

You could argue that the cup money pays the mortgage for 4 years, but what ever way you slice it, we are still in the brown stuff financially.*

*this is my opinion and I don't care what levels of debt others may find themselves in.

(assuming 200 grand as 25% of the debt, no proof of this, merely fag packet calculations based on your 25% figure and my pulling 200 grand out of the air)

What is the point in using such an arbitrary figure when talking about a club's debt? You'd be as well saying that Raith are £12 million in debt, which is equally daft.

What is the point in using such an arbitrary figure when talking about a club's debt? You'd be as well saying that Raith are £12 million in debt, which is equally daft.

Based on WB's estimate of the debt reduction from his own sources and a ball park estimation based on gate prices, total crowd figures, probable demographics of the crowd, a bit of a guesstimate regarding likely TV revenue for our cup run, allied to some conversations I've had with others closer to the club than me which would seem to confirm my estimate above as being closer rather than farther away from the true sum we recieved.

Based on WB's estimate of the debt reduction from his own sources and a ball park estimation based on gate prices, total crowd figures, probable demographics of the crowd, a bit of a guesstimate regarding likely TV revenue for our cup run, allied to some conversations I've had with others closer to the club than me which would seem to confirm my estimate above as being closer rather than farther away from the true sum we recieved.

In other words you haven't got a clue what the debt is.

In other words you haven't got a clue what the debt is.

Do keep up. The £200,000 figure is the money from the cup run, not the fucking debt. If you want to challenge WB on his figure of such a sum representing a 25% cut in the debt feel free.

Do keep up. The £200,000 figure is the money from the cup run, not the fucking debt. If you want to challenge WB on his figure of such a sum representing a 25% cut in the debt feel free.

Did I question the cup run money? For your information the debt, Stark's Park and its rental aside, is hoped to be substantially less than six figures. This is not a 'guesstimate'. As for your 'do keep up' comment, grow up.

Did I question the cup run money? For your information the debt, Stark's Park and its rental aside, is hoped to be substantially less than six figures. This is not a 'guesstimate'. As for your 'do keep up' comment, grow up.

I 'hoped' to win the lottery on Saturday past so I wouldn't have to go to my work again but f**k all came of it.

Hoping is in the same category as guesstimating in the respect that neither holds much sway in the true scheme of things.

You appear to be readable, Beachbum, but this superior attitude that accompanies your good self does you no favours.

From my understanding both figures are close to reality.

From mine also ;)

You could argue that the cup money pays the mortgage for 4 years, but what ever way you slice it, we are still in the brown stuff financially.*

You could argue that the cup money pays the interest and starts to repay the loan for 4 years.

Having not seen the accounts for a number of years I would put Raiths debt at around 1.1mill/1.2 mill but thats just my guesstimate.Hopefully someone who is a shareholder in RRFC will be able to verify after the forthcoming AGM.I would but I only hold shares in RRFC holding company for whom there is no AGM for some unknown reason

That's the scorer of the winning goal in the cup game sorted out then.

na he wont be playing in that game tho def confirmed

Don't know about the length of contract but he has definitely signed.

Decent player at school but nothing spectactular, always thought David Muir who is now at East Fife was the best player from that age group.

Don't know about the length of contract but he has definitely signed.

It's now only a matter of time before Darren Smith finds a new club. A shame that as I did rate the guy, but I never got the impression McGlynn really rated him.

I've no idea how he'll find the step up to this league, but we'll soon find out. That said, when I saw the words 'good in the air', 'no nonsense' and the suggestions he has a wee bit of pace on him, the first thought in my head was "better than Williamson".