The New Raith Rovers Thread

itsprobablyraith12thinkingwemightbeinwithashoutofsigningrobertocarlosbuthesnotsurewhatdoyouthink?

I cringe reading posts on fantalk with posters typing how they actually speak. Gets right on my tits...ken wha a mean bud? :lol:

I saw Neil McCann today and he neither confirmed or denied that he was signing for the Rovers.

Hammill Livingston !!!!!!!

That's because he was 20ft away from me and I didn't ask him.

A bid ? as in money ?

Where are we getting that from ?

Quite.

We'd be talking about buying out the remaining year of an SPL level wage contract.

Edited by renton

Cup run money perhaps? We'll have taken in a good whack from that, and I'd guess our wages are lower at the moment than they were at the end of last season, so maybe McGlynn is banging on the chairman's door after a slice of it.

Quite.

We'd be talking about buying out the remaining year of an SPL level wage contract.

would think there has been a bit of dodging at diving at Houston's end on this one, Smith is 6/7 choice striker at the club with 1 year left on his deal, sure they would come to some sort of arrangement to free up the wages maybe just a nominal fee and we take a player on loan for a few months as part of the deal?

would think there has been a bit of dodging at diving at Houston's end on this one, Smith is 6/7 choice striker at the club with 1 year left on his deal, sure they would come to some sort of arrangement to free up the wages maybe just a nominal fee and we take a player on loan for a few months as part of the deal?

That's probably more or less on the money.

I don't think Smith has any chance of displacing Goodwillie, Daly, Cadamarteri or Casalinouvo any time soon. Even Shala is probably ahead of him in the pecking order. Provided Dundee United hold onto those players, Smith is up against it. Unless they lose a couple of them, there's probably not too much point in keeping him.

Casa struggles to get in the starting XI these days, and we saw from his time at Starks that he is a far better player than Kevin Smith.

That's probably more or less on the money.

I don't think Smith has any chance of displacing Goodwillie, Daly, Cadamarteri or Casalinouvo any time soon. Even Shala is probably ahead of him in the pecking order. Provided Dundee United hold onto those players, Smith is up against it. Unless they lose a couple of them, there's probably not too much point in keeping him.

Casa struggles to get in the starting XI these days, and we saw from his time at Starks that he is a far better player than Kevin Smith.

I think even Russell would be ahead of him as well, would love to see them both in the side for a full season

Manson :lol: he doesnt even get a game for the Rose.

Scott McBride signed from Cowden on a 1 year deal, anyone confirm this? Left sided midfielder and can play up top.

Signed for the Rovers from Cowden is that what you mean? If so I haven't heard this. Any good?

Yes sorry it wasnt worded very well. Rumour is he has signed for the Rovers. Would have liked to kept him to see how he will do in this division. He's reasonably big for a winger and is good in the air. Cracking left foot when he wants. Fades in and out of games though, much like any winger. No blessed with huge amounts of pace but certainly not slow. Squad player for RR, no more.

Manson :lol: he doesnt even get a game for the Rose.

Scott McBride signed from Cowden on a 1 year deal, anyone confirm this? Left sided midfielder and can play up top.

I can't confirm this.

However, there have been plenty rumours regarding Darren Smith leaving, with some of them suggesting he's leaving to make way for another left winger. It's possible.

Maybe it is the money we were using to pay John Drysdale. I'd be delighted iif we got Kevim, although knowing our luck he'd break his ankle in preseason and would be forced into an early retirement.

I've got the feeling that the Drysdale money will go back into getting other corporate consulting, to take the club in a new direction, as for the cup run - it almost certianly all got spunked into the club debt, would like to think McG got some of it though.