The New Raith Rovers Thread

No chance! :lol:

i think exactly the same!!! he has turned down east fife and he is an ex-rover. He is a poacher and we really needed one last season. Don't want the greedy Bas***d back though!!!

I don't want him back either, but not because of the contract debacle.

He isn't good enough for the First Division and his composure is awful. He also gets caught offside a highly annoying amount of times and is easily dealt with by competent defenders.

The only thing I think he could bring to the team, is that he can score penalties.

I don't want him back either, but not because of the contract debacle.

He isn't good enough for the First Division and his composure is awful. He also gets caught offside a highly annoying amount of times and is easily dealt with by competent defenders.

The only thing I think he could bring to the team, is that he can score penalties.

That's the main reason I don't want him back either.

I think last season showed we can beat anyone with arabs and witchcraft (except inverness) and that we are over our cup hoodoo. No reason why we can't go on to another successful cup run. That said, every season is different. :lol::unsure:

amended

Back of Todays Press :

McGlynn is chasing another striker and the names revealed are Kevin Smith and Kenny Deuchar.

They are hoping to get Smith on either a season loan or a permanent deal as he has another year on his contract, whilst the club have talked to Deuchar and according to McGlynn it will depend what hospital he gets a job in whether or not we have a chance to sign him.

Also on the back of the press, Brechin have enquired about taking Darren Smith back to Glebe Park and McGlynn has commented "It is something that could happen".

If either of those signings come off I'll be very excited about the new season. Smith is too old to be allowed on season-long loan though, that one is only going to happen if United are desperate enough to get him off the books to offer him a pay-off.

I'd like to give Darren another season but not that fussed. He'd need replacing, we're pretty short of cover for the wide positions as it is.

If either of those signings come off I'll be very excited about the new season. Smith is too old to be allowed on season-long loan though, that one is only going to happen if United are desperate enough to get him off the books to offer him a pay-off.

I'd like to give Darren another season but not that fussed. He'd need replacing, we're pretty short of cover for the wide positions as it is.

Yeah I forgot about that. Noticed I had misread the page and it actually says "another loan deal or permanent deal".

We would certainly need another body on the left hand side if Smith left. Ferry, Williamson and Tade (at a push) could probably all play there but I wouldn't say any of them would be ideal for that position. Possibly McGlynn intends to play Willie Dyer in midfield with Eliis behind him next season?

We'll be a right good team if some well needed firepower is added to our team.

Our defence is fantastic, midfield is looking more creative with Walker play-making and hopefully Tadé playing wide right and if we start to hit the net more often we'll be in for a good season I reckon.

The news about Smith points even more towards Williamson starting on the left next season though....

Not so enamoured with the idea of letting Smith go. I assume the idea is that McG would see it as having Ferry out left, not really as a winger, with Dyer overlapping at every opportunity. That's not so bad, as it adds pace where Ferry has none, but you can still rely on some great deliveries from fez from a bit deeper.

However, Smith does offer something else into the mix, and has ball control that Tade can only dream of, as an impact sub at least, we shouldn't be thinking aobut letting Smith go.

Edited by renton

Not so enamoured with the idea of letting Smith go. I assume the idea is that McG would see it as having Ferry out left, not really as a winger, with Dyer overlapping at every opportunity. That's not so bad, as it adds pace where Ferry has none, but you can still rely on some great deliveries from fez from a bit deeper.

However, Smith does offer something else into the mix, and has ball control that Tade can only dream of, as an impact sub at least, we shouldn't be thinking aobut letting Smith go.

heard that we already have a replacement in the wings for Smith, I really dont want him to go either tho, when he is fit he is one of our more creative players and doesnt mind tracking back to support as well

We might well see that I reckon. Given that Ferry has played at left back a few times and can out in a tackle it wouldn't surprise me. Still, I'd like to see Darren Smith stay for his second season. Always a player I've enjoyed watching who has struggled through injuries.

As for Deuchar/Smith, I'd take either of them at the moment. I think if Sandaza doesn't return to Spain during the summer and United don't lose any other strikers then we'll have a decent chance. As McGlynn says, Deuchar is all dependent upon circumstance.