The New Raith Rovers Thread

A quick glance at the pinned thread says that we've 17 first team players. Of course, that doesn't include John Baird so make it 18. I'm pretty certain McGlynn will bring in at least one loan, so we should be fine barring more bloody injury problems.

We're well covered in defence (again, barring some awful luck with injuries in defence) though we're light in midfield and up front. I think we'll be fine for numbers, but a couple of injuries to strikers or midfielders could cause us some problems.

John Drysdale has left the club.

I'd guess Whistle Blower will be happy with this due to John being on the board when Rovers nearly ceased to exist, but what is everyones view on this? Can't say I expected it myself.

It's his brother that's on the board. ;)

I'm surprised to say the least.

I'm not sure what way to interpret the article either. The first time I read it, I got the impression the board may not have been happy with his work. Then again, maybe that impression is influenced by the fact that his brother is on the board, therefore he'd have to do something pretty wrong to be removed from his position.

Edited due to crap spelling.

Edited by Michael W

It's his brother that's on the board. ;)

Fair enough, I always thought that John was on the board, or at least at some point he had.

Agree Michael, it sounds like the board weren't happy with John, however, if his brother is on the board then maybe John is now just focusing on his other job?

Agree Michael, it sounds like the board weren't happy with John, however, if his brother is on the board then maybe John is now just focusing on his other job?

Running a consultancy business can't be easy, so that's a possible explanation.

It was more the wording that made me think it's not down to that, though. It was "The board have decided" rather than "It has been mutually agreed". Even if the reasoning was to allow JD to focus on his business rather than divide his time, I wouldn't have taken any kind of sceptical look at it.

All the best to him in the future.

Reading between the lines, I think the club have decided they were giving too much money to "John Drysdale Consulting" - presumably they've got someone else lined up to do basically the same job either for nothing, or for a lot less.

Before the announcement on the official website I always thought he was employed directly by the club. But yeah it sounds as if we think it can be done for much cheaper.

The resources attributed to engaging with a commercial consultancy will in part be used to support other areas of club activity.

Also John Drysdale Consulting don't exist as far as Companies house is concerned. :unsure:

Also John Drysdale Consulting don't exist as far as Companies house is concerned. :unsure:

The trading name and the registered business name aren't always the same.

Edited by Michael W

I could be completely wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if "John Drysdale Consulting" was created specifically just for his position at the Rovers. I don't know why, but maybe there's some reason for employing the services of a consultancy rather than just employing an individual.

Maybe someone else knows better, I'm just speculating.

It seems that in the time it took me to go and check the company name, I was beaten to it! According to the database I was looking at, which isn't known for being entirely accurate, it must be said, John Drysdale has only ever been involved with two companies, "Raith Rovers Football Club" and I think "Raith Rovers Holdings", both as "Sales Manager".

Edited by Dunc

It is probable that John Drysdale is self employed and trades as John Drysdale Consulting. This would explain why there is no info regarding the business on Companies House.

Is you profile picture the new Raith kit?

If so looks decent

As for the two derbies at the start of the season, we should be looking to win both - and well. I dont buy the whole "play the under 19s so Cowden beat us" thing. We don't want to be given them that sort of boost coming into the start of the season.

As for East Fife, just fucking beat them.

As for the two derbies at the start of the season, we should be looking to win both - and well. I dont buy the whole "play the under 19s so Cowden beat us" thing. We don't want to be given them that sort of boost coming into the start of the season.

As for East Fife, just fucking beat them.

i agree keep them in their place

The league cup is far more important than the challenge cup so I'd prefer we won that tie. Although the seeding and giving teams in Europe a bye means it's harder to get to the latter stages and get a lucrative cup tie it is still a possibility. The Alba Cup is a bit of a non event as far as I'm

concerned