The New Raith Rovers Thread

A poster on The Duffle said that Davie Crawford is going to Raith. Very good goalkeeper, sweeped up most our player of the year awards. He'll probably be second choice though after seeing that triple save from McGurn.

No chance, we've already signed Andy McNeil as back up to Dave McGurn and we don't need three goalies. If he is leaving it definitely won't be for us.

No chance, we've already signed Andy McNeil as back up to Dave McGurn and we don't need three goalies. If he is leaving it definitely won't be for us.

Unless Barca scouts have been watching 'The Witch' thread.

I thought he'd ruled this out at the Supporters Club AGM or whatever the event was?

I'm not sure if he'd be a good signing. If I remember rightly, he struggled to score goals in this league when he was here with Gretna. On the hand, he'd at least provide us with a target to punt the ball at when we inevitibly resort to doing that.

The main worry for me, though, is his career. There's a guy that plays for Brechin who's a doctor ,and he is rarely available for selection. We'd maybe have to negotiate some kind of pay as you play deal, otherwise we could end up wasting money on a player whose day job renders him unavailable for matches. It's not as if doctors work on a 9-5, Mon-Fri basis; their shifts are a bit more complicated than that.

Edited to add: Fantastic news about Campbell.

Don't think he actually ruled it out, just the he didn't know that Deuchar was available but had no plans to sign him as he was unaware he could make a move at that point. I'd happily take Deuchar, McGlynn seems to be one of the toughest bosses in the league in terms of training (well, at least you hear a lot of that from the players) and we are the biggest club in Scotland with a team involving part-time players so I'd like to think we were in the picture for him if he wanted to go part time.

Aslong as the result is better than last time.

Im not one who is all that bothered by results in pre-season. Especially against teams who are superior to ourselves.

Jesus Baird deal not confirmed maybe he's changed his mind and signed for fifes best team (dumfermline) :-(

he is still under contract with Airdrie until end of month. Expect it to be announced at the end of this week though.

I saw a bald rotund man driving a Raith Rovers car down the M8 at around 8.15 this morning. He was probably about 40-50 and it had the Rovers crest on the bonnet.

Anyone on here?

John McGlynn?

I saw a bald rotund man driving a Raith Rovers car down the M8 at around 8.15 this morning. He was probably about 40-50 and it had the Rovers crest on the bonnet.

Anyone on here?

Seen the same guy on the Quarry Road between Kirkcaldy / Dalgety Bay at around quarter to 9 this morning.

It's the head of youth guy I think, sure there was something on the site about him getting a car a few weeks ago.

Edited by RaithRyan

Seen the same guy on the Quarry Road between Kirkcaldy / Dalgety Bay at around quarter to 9 this morning.

It's the head of youth guy I think, sure there was something on the site about him getting a car a few weeks ago.

HOY Jimmy Lindsay, comes from coatbridge area

True rw89. But it's a pretty average signing tbh since he's been playing for a "wreck" of a club for 2 years

That's true, I'm not overly enthusiastic about the signing.

Despite that, Baird is still better than what we've got currently.

Dundee Utd at home in a friendly on the 27th.

that's so we can have a look at who we want to get in on loan this season lol

maybe get Cameron back if he can stay fit?!

Edited by MICMAC